Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been impressed with the opinions presented about covers and I'm hoping to tap into that good mojo.

Here is what I have, yet now I'm doubting the effectiveness of it. I thought I'd go for minimalist, but is is so much so that it crosses the line into boring? I'm not sure I can trust my own opinion on this as I've been looking at it so long. The genre is an adventure/comedy of a global internet failure. Thank you for any opinions!

·
Registered
12,722 Posts
Honest Opinion.
Yuck.  Too minimalistic.  Can't tell anything.

·
Registered
641 Posts
J.P., gotta go with Cin & the other folks.

Hope this helps.

When a cover has that special zing factor members are
likely to chime in & let it be known that they like, etc. This one doesn't seem to
be a "grabber."

·
Registered
984 Posts
Needs a pop of color. But would be great for nonfiction. And author name title are competing for attention you need some hierarchy baby or else the eye feels a little overwhelmed, but overall I like the direction you're going for.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Took the advice and turfed it. Trying something entirely different. Does this at least "suck less"? Honestly everyone, thanks for your opinions. I feel I can get an honest answer here. Family are just a bunch of filthy liars. ;)

p.s. excuse the watermarks in the picture. Want some opinions before I commit to any purchases!

·
Registered
19 Posts
The new cover is a vast improvement, and I like it a lot better than the last one. The fonts could use an upgrade, though. :) there are lots of nice, free fonts for commercial use over at fontsquirrel.

·
Registered
6,549 Posts
I can't remember the study or url, but I know there is one about psyche and color. Basically, reds, oranges, yellows, and blues are the colors that "pop" to human eyes and draw attention. Greys, pastels, etc are soothing and calming... and boring. Eyes skip over them without alarming us, or drawing attention--not good for a book cover I would suggest.

The cover with the mouse pointer looks like a nonfiction story about computer programming maybe.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Soooooo... I might have gone and done a thing... I was browsing the web for a good source of stock photo's so I can learn to make my own covers and learn photoshop, and I saw a picture and thought of your book. I just had some fun learning the basics of photoshop and played around with some fonts. ;D

(The image is a free comp, meant for only drafts and layout works.)

If someone could point me in the direction of how one uploads images into posts, I would be most grateful. :p

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll195/joannawentworth/loopback%20mockJPEG_zpscnzqvqfk.jpg

[/URL][/IMG]

1 - 20 of 28 Posts