Kindle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was standing in line at the polls today reading "The Graveyard Book" by Gaiman when seemingly out of nowhere a lady behind says, "Hey, is that the thing that was on Oprah?"  And so begins a 15 minute conversation on how great the Kindle is ... it was rather amusing.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Yes, I had the exact same question from the woman in front of me. I had on my iPod and only chatted about it briefly. She asked me how many books I had on it? I said, "oh just one, I mean two, oh wait three. I forgot about the free one I got." She nodded her head and said wow, and I just agreed. It took an hour and twenty minutes. So glad I had it and especially glad had my iPod, to drown out the noise.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I brought Florence (my Kindle) along, thinking I'd have to wait forever.  Nope!  Walked right up, signed the card, got my ballot, voted and out the door.  Exactly 4 minutes from the time I entered to my exit.  WOW!!!

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
hazeldazel said:
i dropped off my absentee ballot at the polling place this am and while all the voting booths were full, there was no line.
Then why not just vote? I always worry they do not really count the absentee ballots :(!

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I also had no wait, not one person in front of me, and I went on my lunch break.  I thought I'd be standing in line for an hour reading, but I just went and picked up lunch and ate outside and read instead!! 
Unbelievable - November in Ohio and it's 72 degrees outside.  Beautiful!! 

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
my husband and I always get absentee ballots so we can take our time to fill them in as we figure out the issues. Sometimes he gets called out of the State for his job so he can't always depend on being here. So we just take our time filling out the ballots and if possible, on election day when he gets off work, we drive to our fire station and drop off our ballots. We live in a small town and there is never a wait. But, I would rather look at the firemen than read Kindle ::) did I say that???

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.