Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my 2nd kindle about 2 weeks ago. First one had severe sunfade. Replacement seemed fine.

I noticed yesterday the right 1/3 of the screen faded in sunlight.  That I could live with.

Today there is ghosting with every page turn. I can see the previous text...lightly but it is there.
Alt G gets rid if it, but I can't do that every page turn.

I unistalled the font hack thinking maybe the darker text was the problem, but it continued with
original text.

I'm really bummed. Has anyone had these problems creep up after several weeks use?
Thought I was good to go.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
sbell1--

I'm sorry to hear about the ghosting!  I've got a K1 and it doesn't ghost, can't help you, perhaps someone else will weigh in.  Have you tried resetting it?

Betsy

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Mine doesn't seem to have a problem, but I've only had the K2 for a few days. I'll let you know if it does start ghosting.

·
Registered
21,587 Posts
I would send it back.
And keep doing so until you get a good one.
I have been blessed with a good one from the very beginning.
But I would be livid with the screen problems that many of you have had and the creaking cases.
And the corners separating, etc.
Just Sayin.......

·
Registered
70 Posts
my K2 ghosts a bit when i go from screen saver to text or vice versa...  thought it was just the nature of the technology... its not TOO bad, but if you really look, it is noticiable... dont usually see this during reading though

·
Registered
75 Posts
Unfortunately, sounds like time for another return  :mad:
There appears to be quite a range of "bad" screens. I purchased two. One has zero ghosting and razor sharp text. The second has noticeable ghosting when the screen savers come up (large white background), but in general it's not obtrusive. I'd give the first one a 10/10. The second is like a 7/10. Yours sounds like a dud if you've got noticeable ghosting even when reading AND have a partial screen-fade.

Some members have done many returns until they get a good unit. Amazon's been good with people with screen fades.

·
Registered
40 Posts
tedsan said:
Unfortunately, sounds like time for another return :mad:
There appears to be quite a range of "bad" screens. I purchased two. One has zero ghosting and razor sharp text. The second has noticeable ghosting when the screen savers come up (large white background), but in general it's not obtrusive. I'd give the first one a 10/10. The second is like a 7/10. Yours sounds like a dud if you've got noticeable ghosting even when reading AND have a partial screen-fade.

Some members have done many returns until they get a good unit. Amazon's been good with people with screen fades.
Yep I had to return one and my 2nd was great. Amazon was very helpful with the process

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
I agree with others.  Return it until you get a good one.  I returned two and third time was a charm, as they say.  :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the input. I called CS and they will ship me another one. 

I'm just not sure why this started acting up after 2 or more weeks. Maybe because it was in the sun Friday?

As for the ghosting in the text, it doesn't seem consistent. Sometimes it is very noticeable and other times very light or not there.

I can't find any rhyme or reason...no specific book or text. Just when I think I am being obsessive and it is fine, I'll have a reading session
where page after page ghosts!

First response is to turn to my "Kindle Buddies" on the board and then call CS.

Thanks. :)

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
sbell1 said:
Thanks for the input. I called CS and they will ship me another one.

I'm just not sure why this started acting up after 2 or more weeks. Maybe because it was in the sun Friday?

As for the ghosting in the text, it doesn't seem consistent. Sometimes it is very noticeable and other times very light or not there.

I can't find any rhyme or reason...no specific book or text. Just when I think I am being obsessive and it is fine, I'll have a reading session
where page after page ghosts!

First response is to turn to my "Kindle Buddies" on the board and then call CS.

Thanks. :)
I wish you the best of luck with the new one!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts