Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so If I download the user guide on feedbooks it stays on my K2 permanently right? Also do I have to access feedbooks via my K2 always or can I purchase a book online and have it sent to my K2 anyway?

·
Registered
60 Posts
From what I understand when you download the guide to your Kindle it will remain there like a book until you delete it.  You have to update it every once in a while to update the list of books it has available.  I use feedbooks a lot, but don't like to waste my battery with Whispernet, so I just download the books to my laptop and use the mobipocket software to transfer it to my Kindle.  If you delete something from the Kindle it should not be archived, since the only archives are the items you download from Amazon (but someone correct me if I am wrong).

I got a little download happy the other day and now I have about 8 pages of books on my Kindle... now if I could just detach myself from the boards and start reading them!

Didi

·
Super Moderator
67,325 Posts
The feedbooks guide stays on your kindle 'till you delete it, at which time it is NOT archived at Amazon.  But you can get it -- or a newer version -- back at any time.  You can use it to purchase via the Kindle but you can still go 'shop' feedbooks on the computer and send things to kindle.

Ann

·
Registered
149 Posts
In answer to the first question on your first post: The guide is just like a custom document on your Kindle and can be deleted, and more importantly...I think there is a link on the Cover of the guide that will initiate a download for an updated guide (as the original document is not dynamic, and will thus not update itself with new books). I am not too sure of the differences between ordering thru the K2 vs. computer.

In answer to your second post: I am not sure if there is the ability to buy a book from Feedbooks and then re-download it later again. I do know that those books will not be stored/archived at Amazon.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Just to clarify...you don't "buy" books from Feedbooks. They are all free. You can download the catalog and put it on your Kindle. Then, you can browse the catalog and if you find a book or story you want to read, you can click it, follow the prompts, and it will download to your Kindle. You do need to have Whispernet of course. But I think Feedbooks has done a great job of making an easy to use interface for downloading their books.

L

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
I keep a current Feedbooks catalog on my Kindle at all times. I have never been to the Feedbook site on my computer. For some strange reason, we have never been able to figure out, I cannot access Feedbooks from my laptop or my PC. I have only been able to access Feedbooks from my Kindle. Has this happened to anyone else? ???

·
Registered
243 Posts
Angela said:
I keep a current Feedbooks catalog on my Kindle at all times. I have never been to the Feedbook site on my computer. For some strange reason, we have never been able to figure out, I cannot access Feedbooks from my laptop or my PC. I have only been able to access Feedbooks from my Kindle. Has this happened to anyone else? ???
Yep. Never have been able to get Feedbooks to come up on my computer. I thought it was only accessible through Kindle (and Whispernet). Any thoughts on this, techies? Oh, and I've tried shutting down virus protection and firewalls while trying to access.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Ok...I've registered at Feedbooks, but I don't see anything called "user guide" or "catalog" to download to my Kindle...can anyone direct me to where it's hiding?  :)

·
Registered
446 Posts
I have downloaded books from the website and the guide on my Kindle. From the website, I save them to my hard drive, so if I delete them from my Kindle, I can still move them over to it later using the USB port without having to go through Feedbooks anymore. I just do a search on www.feedbooks.com for a book. Big tip: to search in their search box, click in the box, type your search terms, and DO NOT HIT THE MAGNIFYING GLASS! Just type in your title and hit enter on your keyboard, the magnifying thingy just clears out your search. Once you find your book, click on the title. In there you'll have choices for the type of download, obviously I choose the Kindle version and save it to my hard drive.

Here's the guide: http://feedbooks.com/help/kindle

Hope that helps!
Rachel

1 - 10 of 10 Posts