Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, making the move from lurker to poster.  I live in Alexandria, VA and have had my K2 for about a month now.

I already own an Oberon (Sun in saddle) and an order in with DecalGirl, so I'm hoping to resist the enablers I've read so much about.

I'm a big fan of the ebook, having previously owned 2 Sony eReaders.  I still have the PRS-505, and haven't quite pulled the trigger on selling it.

I look forward to learning more from Kindle Board readers, and being helpful if I can.

·
Super Moderator
67,253 Posts
Hi Jazzi. . . . .there's going to be a DC area meet up on the 27th at 1 p.m.  Pentagon City Mall. . . .watch the Not Quite Kindle thread for updates.  . . . .

Welcome to Kindleboards.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ann in Arlington said:
Hi Jazzi. . . . .there's going to be a DC area meet up on the 27th at 1 p.m. Pentagon City Mall. . . .watch the Not Quite Kindle thread for updates. . . . .

Welcome to Kindleboards.
Thanks Ann, I'll check out the thread.

·
Registered
89 Posts
:)  welcome!
I am getting ready to move from El Paso, TX to Fort Meade, MD in 3 weeks....can't wait!!!!!  Ready to be back home on the East coast again!!!! Anyone on here from Fort Meade, MD???

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Jazzi - nice to have you here.  Saw a post you made on another thread, my nephew's name is Jazzy but didn't think he would be joining us  ;)  Hope you can make it to the "meet" should be a lot of fun, I ws hoping to crash, but alas won't be able to this time.  Although still looking at air fares.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Welcome to the boards! K2, DX, and a Sony reader .... you must really like reading eh?  ;)

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Kind said:
Welcome to the boards! K2, DX, and a Sony reader .... you must really like reading eh? ;)
I love reading, and apparently a little too much disposable income. Wait, isn't all income disposable?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
jazzi said:
I love reading, and apparently a little too much disposable income. Wait, isn't all income disposable?
My income certainly gets disposed of quickly - that is why I have to keep going to work everyday, when I would rather be reading. They say you can't take it with you when you leave here anyway.

Welcome to KBs, Jazzy. I live in Central VA - the rural (poorer) cousin of NoVA.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lynninva said:
They say you can't take it with you when you leave here anyway.

Welcome to KBs, Jazzy. I live in Central VA - the rural (poorer) cousin of NoVA.
Thanks, Lynn. Reminds me of one of my favorite lines -- whoever dies with the most toys, wins!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts