Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my K2 a few days ago and have surprisingly found it quite easy to use and read from.  I've always been a little antsy about readers, mostly because of the display, but also their feel and convenience.  The Kindle seems to address all of those things for me, and I find it just as comfortable as a book, actually more comfortable than a paperback because I don't have to wrench open the spine to read the words at the creases.

Anyway, I'm a little conservative when it comes to my gadgets, but have been exploring the skins, and will likely go with a traditional black cover, but so far a lot of the reviews seem conflicting to me, and I think the product is just too young to have an affordable and perfectly functional accessory.  Maybe in six months there'll be something.  I don't travel a lot, but when I do I know the kindle will come in very handy.  I'll probably opt for a sleeve in the interim for protection...just don't want to buy more than one item.  When it comes to fussy things like covers and how they feel while you're reading with them, I wish they were sold at brick and mortar outlets.

My two wish-list items for K2 (or K3): a backlit display, and custom folder organization for your books from Home.

K.

·
Super Moderator
67,253 Posts
Welcome. . . boy, we NoVa folks are really taking over here. . . .Enjoy looking around. . . you'll find lots of folks happy to provide opinions and perfectly content with what you decide. . . .

Ann

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome, kerrnel! With all the eyepopping Kindle there are here, conservative is also good. Glad you found us.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Welcome to the wonderful world of readers!  Enjoy your new kindle and be sure and check out the Book Korner for ideas on books, free and otherwise, to read.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts