Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
I ordered an Ipod touch for my hubby and I can't wait til it gets here to surprise him.  I have one question though... Is there an app that will read non-kindle books?  I get lots of free books from feedbooks, mobileread, manybooks, etc. and would like to be able to give him access to those as well.

Thanks in advance!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No way!  OK, I'm really happy now!

See, you people around here are THE BEST!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,578 Posts
There are APPS for EVERYTHING!!  ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
288 Posts
I'm addicted to Distant Shore now... you throw messages out in bottles to other people on their own island.  I have been watching American Idol while texting back and forth with complete strangers.  So fun!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,848 Posts
I don't have an Ipod Touch, but this was the closest thread I could find to ask my question.
My SIL gave me her Ipod 60gb this week.  She has never used it.  Didn't even know how to turn it on.  In fact, I am the only person that has ever used it in the three years she's had it. 
My question is this: the volume control has an unlock code.  No matter what I put in I'm getting the red flashing signal indicating I have the wrong code.  I don't think anyone has added a code, although I can't be certain of that. 
I have tried all of the resets that have been suggested and still nothing. 
Any suggestions?
deb
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,527 Posts
drenee said:
I don't have an Ipod Touch, but this was the closest thread I could find to ask my question.
My SIL gave me her Ipod 60gb this week. She has never used it. Didn't even know how to turn it on. In fact, I am the only person that has ever used it in the three years she's had it.
My question is this: the volume control has an unlock code. No matter what I put in I'm getting the red flashing signal indicating I have the wrong code. I don't think anyone has added a code, although I can't be certain of that.
I have tried all of the resets that have been suggested and still nothing.
Any suggestions?
deb
Did you do a hard reset? Does that model have an admin code?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,848 Posts
what exactly is the hard reset?  i held the two buttons they told me to hold.  And I went onto the computer and did what they said to reset while connected to the computer.  What is the admin code?  Where do i find it?
thanks, deb
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,578 Posts
drenee said:
what exactly is the hard reset? i held the two buttons they told me to hold. And I went onto the computer and did what they said to reset while connected to the computer. What is the admin code? Where do i find it?
thanks, deb
You might wanna checkout a Mac forum.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,848 Posts
Thanks.  I actually just got everything reset in the last few minutes.  I found a manual online and read through quite a bit of it before I found the information I needed. 
Again, thank you for the help.
deb
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,848 Posts
Thank you.  I have been converting all of music that I currently have on my computer all day.  I'm afraid to start shopping for more music.  It will turn out to be another addiction I can't quit I'm sure.
deb
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43,324 Posts
drenee said:
Thank you. I have been converting all of music that I currently have on my computer all day. I'm afraid to start shopping for more music. It will turn out to be another addiction I can't quit I'm sure.
deb
I am sure there is another board full of enablers to help you with that, if we can't. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,848 Posts
I ordered a skin today.  LOL. 
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
So I really want to get an Ipod Touch but cant decide if I should wait until my phone contract expires in November and just get the IPhone.  Any suggestions?

Sam

I should also mention that I hate hate hate my current phone and will be replacing in November regardless.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,845 Posts
sam said:
So I really want to get an Ipod Touch but cant decide if I should wait until my phone contract expires in November and just get the IPhone. Any suggestions?

Sam

I should also mention that I hate hate hate my current phone and will be replacing in November regardless.
Speaking as someone who doesn't have an iPhone either (but just ordered a refurb Touch), can you afford the iPhone? More importantly, how is the AT&T coverage in your area. It is horrid where I live so no iPhone for me. As a gadget girl, I'd love one, but can wait...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,848 Posts
sam said:
So I really want to get an Ipod Touch but cant decide if I should wait until my phone contract expires in November and just get the IPhone. Any suggestions?

Sam

I should also mention that I hate hate hate my current phone and will be replacing in November regardless.
My son had the same dilemma. He called and asked my opinion. I reminded him that phones, no matter which ones they are, rarely last the two years until you can get another one. I voted Ipod Touch, and he agreed. He couldn't be happier. He also linked it to my account and has been reading books like crazy on it.
deb
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top