Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forgive me for asking, as the answer is probably posted somewhere in another thread.

But I was looking at the new M-Edge covers...and originally leaning towards the blue or one of the browns...but I recall reading somewhere that the red is actually quite nice (and I love red!).  However, when I look at the site it says "marbled" and in the pictures, the marbled effect actually makes it look worn.  I would prefer a nice solid red.

If someone has the new M-Edge cover in red, can you describe it for me and how it compares to the pictures?

Any help on choosing a color is much appreciated :)

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Boston said:
Forgive me for asking, as the answer is probably posted somewhere in another thread.

But I was looking at the new M-Edge covers...and originally leaning towards the blue or one of the browns...but I recall reading somewhere that the red is actually quite nice (and I love red!). However, when I look at the site it says "marbled" and in the pictures, the marbled effect actually makes it look worn. I would prefer a nice solid red.

If someone has the new M-Edge cover in red, can you describe it for me and how it compares to the pictures?

Any help on choosing a color is much appreciated :)
There are several posted pictures of the red m-Edge cover in accessories. Let me see if I can find it for you. I have the red and love it, it doesn't look worn at all to me and is a beautiful shade of red. I've had mine 4 months and no signs of wear, it is lined with gray.

Linda

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
I have the old style in red.  There is a little bit of color variation but not much, in mine.  With leather no two covers will be the same. It just depends on the piece of leather that you get.  

All I can say is that my leather is very subtle but there is some marbling. YMMV

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Linda and sebat...you both seem to have the older cover.  Were your covers advertised as "Marbled Red" like the new covers (which says its more than the nuances of leather and intentional shading)?   

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Linda Cannon-Mott said:
Boston mine was advertised as marbled red and I have the old case not the one with the light. Mine is the executive leather and feels and smells so good even after 4 months of heavy use.

Linda
Same here.

If you look that the photo of my cover closely you will see the color variation in the photo. It's subtle but there.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Just an FYI...

I received my 2 m-edge covers that I ordered. I got the Smooth Mocha and the Pebbled Cream with Saddle Strap. Both of them look great. What I noticed, and the reason for my post, is that the colors match the m-edge website exactly but look different than the Amazon pictures.

I think, to get an accurate representation of the colors go to their website.

http://www.buymedge.com/p_products.html

Chris

·
Registered
684 Posts
I just received the new Executive Genuine Leather Case in Marbled Red that holds the E-Luminator Light. It is a deep red and I can't really say that it is marbled. It's beautiful! I ordered the Zen Revisited Skin from Decal Girl to go with it and the red in the skin is too bright and clashes horribly. I've since ordered the Humidor pattern as it looks as though it will match better.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My first visit to the photo forum...the pictures there look more "marbled" than sebat's photo (thanks for posting). Is it the lighting?

So rather than take the risk, I decided to go with Chris's lead and order the mocha (my other consideration).

That was until bluebell posted...and now I am thinking red again.

You all were supposed to help make this decision easier  ;) ;D
(but I do appreciate the information...so thank you!)

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Boston said:
My first visit to the photo forum...the pictures there look more "marbled" than sebat's photo (thanks for posting). Is it the lighting?
Yes, lighting can make everything look different. That photo was taken in indirect sunlight.

This is cut from a post that I made in a different thread a month or so ago. I think it might answer some questions.
Here's my abbreviated leather spiel from when I sold leather furniture...

We tend to forget that this was an animal at one time. Think about your own skin. Just like us, this cow had stretch marks, rough spots, and even scars. All of those spots will take color differently. Just like we are all different, every hide will be unique both in markings and coloration. Leather has pores, it will absorb oils. As you use it, it will slowly start to change color and develop a rich patina. Every piece is one of a kind. Good quality leather will not be perfect.

There are perfect leathers out there, they have been patched and buffed and painted instead of aniline dyed. By the time, the manufacturer is done making them perfect, they almost feel like vinyl. If that is what you want, save your money and purchase vinyl.

M-edge is using some very nice quality leathers. I think the above statements about leather apply here. The nature of leather makes it impossible for every case to be identical in coloration or markings.

Hope this helps.

Bluebell said:
I just received the new Executive Genuine Leather Case in Marbled Red that holds the E-Luminator Light. It is a deep red and I can't really say that it is marbled. It's beautiful! I ordered the Zen Revisited Skin from Decal Girl to go with it and the red in the skin is too bright and clashes horribly. I've since ordered the Humidor pattern as it looks as though it will match better.
Mmmm...M-edge must have changed the color of red they are using. I have the Zen Revisited and it goes beautifully with the red of the old styled cover.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks again sebat...I am not looking for perfect dye in the leather but more concerned about the marbled affect, which appears from the color name to be by design.  Or maybe they just call it that because that's the way the red dye takes and they don't want people to be disappointed?

I would love a smooth deep red just like they advertise with the other colors :)

·
Registered
684 Posts
Sebat...I ordered the red cover with the Zen Revisited because someone posted pictures and I thought they went together nicely but when I got my red cover and held the Zen Revisited next to it, I had to shudder. I thought that I could live with the color difference but everytime I looked at it, I shuddered again. Then someone else posted that they had a red cover and the Humidor Skin looked good together. We'll see.  :)

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Bluebell said:
Sebat...I ordered the red cover with the Zen Revisited because someone posted pictures and I thought they went together nicely but when I got my red cover and held the Zen Revisited next to it, I had to shudder. I thought that I could live with the color difference but everytime I looked at it, I shuddered again. Then someone else posted that they had a red cover and the Humidor Skin looked good together. We'll see. :)
Hope you like that one better.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Approximately how long does it take to get your cover once ordered? I ordered mine directly from m-edge and no where does it say how long it takes, when to expect it, nor did I get a choice in shipping.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
I just received my red m-edge cover less than a half hour ago!  I LOVE it!! Mine has a slight marbled look to it, but it's not real noticeable at all. I think it actually looks prettier that way than if it was a solid red. Because the leather has somewhat of a texture to it anyway, I think it looks perfect with slight color variations. I have the 'my heart' skin from DecalGirls that I put on earlier this week. It looks very nice. The skin has several colors of red in it so some parts match exactly, while others don't. I was also a little cautious about the red, but I really like it and think I made the right choice. It's really cheery in these cold, dark winter days!

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Congrats KindleGirl!  Isn't it fun to get your Kindle all dressed up and pretty.  I almost got the red cover but at the last minute I changed my mind to blue. I thought more skins would match the blue cover.  But I still secretly lust after the red.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Kim...that's funny because I had thought about getting the blue and then decided to go with the red. Which blue did you get? I was thinking of the navy blue, but thought I needed something a little more cheery in these frigid days. I'll probably end up getting a blue one at some point in the future, but for now I love my red one. It also matched my new skin so that was all of the convincing that I needed!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.