Kindle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I've made a dreadful mistake coming here.  I really do.

But then, buying the Kindle 2 was probably one as well.  I thought maybe I'd read a bit more than I did before - a bad neck and wrists makes it hard to read in bed, especially when a cat tries to headbutt the book out of my hands.  Now it's going to be hard to keep up with my book consumption!

But now that I've wandered in here...oh, dear.  I already have a skin ordered from DecalGirl, and I'll be ordering a cover from Oberon tomorrow.  I'm pondering a name now,and wondering where this madness stops.

It's wondrous fun.

By way of an actual introduction, I am a new Kindle owner (never had the first generation) in the Northern Virginia area.  I tend mostly to fantasy and some science fiction when the four cats allow me the privilege of reading.  They're far more tolerant now that I can read with one hand and pet with the other.

I am glad to see a group of well-read and helpful people.  I'm looking forward to finding new and interesting things to read.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hey foogrrl - nice to have you here, we are a bunch of enablers and you will find yourself reading the boards a lot as well as your kindle.  We are a terrific group of people though so keep us posted on what you are reading  :eek:

Sci-Fi - Distant Cousin and In Her Name are both excellent, written by fellow kindle borders.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Welcome.  You will never lack for suggestions for reading material, covers, and loads of laughs. 
deb

·
Registered
904 Posts
Who needs subliminal suggestion when you have Kindleboards!!  I have the Kindle2, M-Edge Executive cover and the Decalgirl Stand Alone skin.  I blame you all for this..... (Thanks)
jp

·
Super Moderator
67,325 Posts
Hi foogrrl. . . .there's a bunch of us from the Northern Virginia area. . . . hope you enjoy KB!

Ann

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you for the kind responses!

For the NoVa folks, I'm in Prince William.  Far enough out to be inconvenient, not far enough to be inexpensive or open.  

Currently I've been going through Star Wars books, and wishing there were more available in Kindle format.  I'm especially fond of Karen Traviss' Republic Commando series.  I'd love those on my Kindle, as I"m having to replace the DTB ones ever so often as they wear out, and the signed versions of the first two are tucked away safely.

Anju - thank you for the suggestions!  I'll have to put them on the list.  I can see I certainly won't lack for anything Kindle-related here, except time to read everything, forum included!

Thank you all again!

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome! Resistance is futile, prepare to be assimilated, or something like that. The Kindle brought me new way to read, but Kindle board taught me most everything I know about the Kindle. Tips, where to go for info, new books and blogs, corresponding with authors it's all here at KB. Glad to have you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi! I'm also a new Kindle 2 owner and I love it!  I also read SF and Fantasy.  Any favorites?  I just finished the last Sharon Shinn and I'm waiting for the new Bujold.
Pat

1 - 17 of 17 Posts