1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Still doesn't have amazon's books

·
Registered
599 Posts
It looks so tiny, but I guess that's just because I'm used to the Kindle.

The built-in applications seem like a cool idea.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Competition is good.

Sometimes being an early adopter is hard, you often pay a premium for being on the bleeding edge.

As long as publishers don't start signing exclusive deals on 1 format, I'm happy.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
This one is closer to what my better half wants... Mostly screen, minimal buttons.

·
Super Moderator
67,251 Posts
It says 512 MB of memory.  Isn't that what's onboard the K1.  It sounds like a lot, but I'm glad I have an SD card to expand that because mine would be full.  And I don't see where it says there's memory expansion available.

It's cute.  But it doesn't have Amazon's library or wireless.  :D

Ann

·
Registered
599 Posts
Ann in Arlington said:
It's cute. But it doesn't have Amazon's library or wireless. :D
Those were the two main selling points for me. I originally got a Sony Reader for Xmas from my dad, but I have a Mac and Sony's software is only PC-compatible, so he returned it and got me a Kindle :)

·
Registered
921 Posts
Reminds me of the first Palm Pilot I had.  The Palm III

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Probably some some for the 60 dollars less to people who don't understand it is suckier

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
ddarol said:
it looks like you have to use the sylus, touch the screen to turn the pages. i don't like that at all ???
If that's the case, then ew!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I like its appearance -- far less busy than the Kindle.  Soothing color, too.

Maybe this is because I haven't yet made an investment in an ereader, and have no loyalties to protect. :)

But I will say: lack of even the barest physical controls is a non-starter for me.  Stylus for page turning?  Do they think I want to hunch over my books like a praying mantis?

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
For me, Amazon content trumps most everything.  But more choices becoming available means companies are seeing the viability of the technology - which is a very good thing.  So bring it on!

(As far as the stylus goes, much like my Palm Treo, I'd probably use my finger instead of the stylus if at all possible...but clicking my next page buttons seems a lot easier.)

·
Registered
921 Posts
LOL  it may have folders!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts