Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes it gets downright nasty over there at Amazon!  I hadn't noticed Leslie's siggy until the spam comment and now here I am.  You all seem like a pleasant bunch and I see lots of good info and fun convos.  Can't wait to join in with my (polite) 2 cents!

Oh yea, I've had my Kindle since late July.  I saved every dime of my birthday money (a first for me) and sold a small bit of my Vera Bradley Collection (extensive) to get it.  It is by far my very favorite material possession.  I'm often waiting here and there to pick up kids (I've got teens) and the Kindle has helped me to always have something to kill the time.  I've read over 28 books since August, which I'm sure many of you read more, but I had been maybe reading a book a year (those kids keep me busy!).

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Welcome, Shelly. Glad you could join us! You'll like it here, it's a nice, friendly place.

L

·
Registered
165 Posts
Wow Shelly, I admire your commitment - selling the VB stuff???  YIKES!!!

Good for you, and I am sure you will enjoy your time on this board.  Everyone here is SO nice!

Welcome!!!

I

·
0 Posts
Vera Bradley???  What is that?  Yes, I could Google it but I think if you made such a sacrifice, you'd like to enlighten me personally.

Welcome to the forums.  I am a nOOb here as well.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Vera Bradley refers to a whole line of stationary, rugs, luggage and my personal weakness; purses and purse type accessories (cosmetic bags, phone holders, wallets, etc).  I'd imagine that unless you're on a desert island or in So. California, you've seen them and just didn't know it.  (I say SoCal only because I was there recently and didn't spot a single one!) They are made of fabric in beautiful patterns (imvho anyway).  Much cheaper than Coach or D&B. They have great organizational features.  The one I carry most (called The Vera) has 6 pockets, 2 of which fit my Kindle like it was made for it! You can see them all at www.verabradley.com.  Beware, they are almost as addicting as Kindle books and accessories!

That really wasn't meant to be an advertisment, I just love the things!

Truth be told, I only sold a couple of underused one and  not my fav patterns.  And I don't regret it one bit, my Kindle was well worth it!

Embarassingly enough, I barely made a dent in my collection!

Fun to be among those that understood the potential for sacrifice!  I saw a knitting avatar too.  I love to knit! Socks are my favorite.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Y'all are so nice! Thanks for the warm welcome.

I

·
0 Posts
I live in S.E. GA where they make purses out of recycled overalls.  :)  Actually I don't go out much so I'd not recogniae any brand name purse or anything else.  I can't tell the difference between chevy ford or honda and I'm a guy.  :)

Now ask me about Bucher, Harris, or Goodkind, I can go on and one about them.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Vampyre said:
I live in S.E. GA where they make purses out of recycled overalls. :) Actually I don't go out much so I'd not recogniae any brand name purse or anything else. I can't tell the difference between chevy ford or honda and I'm a guy. :)

Now ask me about Bucher, Harris, or Goodkind, I can go on and one about them.
You're a guy? Hahahaha...I guess the avatar confused me.

L

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
oops, the avatar got me too Vampyre. Hmm.... a name like Vampyre, don't go out much, I gotta stop reading those Twilight books!

I don't have a clue about those names you listed! What are they?

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Since there is so much interest in vera bradley...Maybe somebody needs to contact them about making a kindle cover.  My daughter just bought me a vb all in one wristlet (Java Blue) for my birthday!!! 

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
A VB Kindle cover would combine my 2 favorite things! Swoon....

I

·
0 Posts
Now ask me about Butcher, Harris, or Goodkind, I can go on and one about them.
Authors, Jim Butcher(Dresden Files), Charlaine Harris(Southern Vampire Mysteries), and Terry Goodkind(Sword of Truth).

It helps if I spell them right to.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts