Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I figured I should introduce myself, having made a spate of frantic posts to the "is it shipping" threads recently.
I'm new to Kindle -- my husband's parents bought me one for Chanukah. They placed the order, for a k1, on 12/2/2008, but it never shipped and got automatically changed to a k2 when Amazon announced the 2nd generation kindle. My MIL got notice of shipment yesterday, she says. I don't have any details though because I obviously can't pester her about it. I don't even know if it's shipping to their house or my house - I assume theirs, and then I will have to wait til they bring it over. Argh.
I'm a long-time ebook reader - I'm sure there are others here with Peanut Press ebooks, right? Plus I have a bunch of old Palm ebooks, and some Blackberry ebooks. More recently I have been reading plain text ebooks on my iPhone. I really look forward to the Kindle, though. My biggest concern is that I will run out of room on it. I'm hoping that documents mailed to amazon for conversion are stored by amazon for later download as one other poster suggested, but not holding my breath on it.

When I'm not reading, I'm taking care of my 3 kids, practicing companion animal general practice medicine, cooking, or knitting. Or, obviously, hanging around online fora of some type or another :)

Nice to meet you all,
h.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Webhill - oh the agony of not even knowing where your K2 is going!  Pobricita  :D

But you have found a group of people that all love their Ks and are voracious readers as well.

WELCOME

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Thanks for checking in! Enjoy your stay.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome, webhill! While you are waiting, check out the Book Corner for ideas on new reads, and the Accessories area for idea to glam up your new Kindle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts