Kindle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading and following the board for the past 2 weeks now and finally decided to join. My husband bought me a Kindle for Christmas - but of course I don't have it yet. When we first looked at it there was no waiting list, and he decided we'd wait until he got his Christmas bonus before placing the order. That wasn't until December 18th - and by then the waiting list was really long. If we'd have realized that we would have ordered sooner, but we weren't paying attention. I was just so glad that I'd be getting it! My original shipping estimate was March 11 to March 23, but when I looked yesterday I noticed it now shows March 18 to April 3. I was pretty upset and I sent an email to Amazon. Apparently they don't have a canned answer for that, so I got an email back saying I should call them. I haven't though - at least not yet. Doubt it would do any good. I've already ordered and received an M-Edge cover and a car/wall charger kit. Still waiting on my e-Luminator Light and a replacement battery. I've already ordered 9 books - but 7 of them were free!! And the two I paid for were less than $4.00 each. Gotta love that!! I sooooooo can't wait to get my Kindle!!

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Welcome...hopefully Amazon will ship earlier than your expected delivery date.  There are a lot of people hanging out here just waiting until their kindle arrives.  You are in good company.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Welcome!  Glad your hubby ordered one for you!  You will be so excited when it arrives, it will be like Christmas all over!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Welcome!
The people here are really nice, and very supportive of those of us waiting with bated breath for our Kindles.
You'll also find plenty of enablers here for buying stuff for your kindle  ;)

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Welcome Laurie! Glad you joined us.

This is a great place to hang out as you wait for your Kindle. Be sure and visit Tips, Tricks and Troubleshooting, a wealth of Kindle information there.

Linda

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Laurie - nice to have you here

You might check the refubs, from what everyone is posting they are as good as new and are available faster.

I love getting books and not having to "shop"

·
Registered
869 Posts
Welcome, Laurie -

I'm glad you moved out of lurkdom to join KB. 

You are preparing really well for your Kindle.  It will be such a joy for you when you get it!

Feel free to join a book club or make book recommendations while you wait.

Hope you also post over in the Official "I'm Waiting for my Kindle" thread.  It is so fun when Kindle Watch begins  :D

Cheers,

Marci

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am also waiting for my Kindle. The anticipation is killing me (well almost). The community library is keeping occupied for now.

Sara

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hi Laurie, welcome! And welcome to Sara Daisy, too! Glad to have both of you joining us. This is a fun and friendly place.

L

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Hello Laurie (to you, too SaraDaisy)... welcome to KB. You have come to the right place to await the arrival of your kindles!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts