Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a really nice book trailer and tried to upload it to my product page only to rapped over the knuckles by KDP and told I couldn't do that because it's only for customers.

Why? It makes absolutely no sense.

Book trailers can have a powerful effect. Why allow me to set up a product page but deny me the most effective marketing tool? It's like having one hand tied behind my back.

I can (and have) put it on my author page, but it's far less likely to be seen there.

Is there a legitimate way to get your book trailer featured on the product page?

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
I have a really nice book trailer and tried to upload it to my product page only to rapped over the knuckles by KDP and told I couldn't do that because it's only for customers.

Why? It makes absolutely no sense.

Book trailers can have a powerful effect. Why allow me to set up a product page but deny me the most effective marketing tool? It's like having one hand tied behind my back.

I can (and have) put it on my author page, but it's far less likely to be seen there.

Is there a legitimate way to get your book trailer featured on the product page?
The rule makes sense. At least it would if I owned Amazon. That section for a video is for readers who wish to record a spoken review to post. To be able to post a video review. I think readers have to have spent $50 during the year.

Amazon now have brand ads available for you to post up to a 30 second video on suitable book sales pages, but you have to pay for it, so why let authors do it for free. You'll find it on the Amazon ad site next to sponsored ads. Not sure if it's pay per click as I haven't used it.

However, all is not lost as you said with your author page.

Now that Amazon is established, it's no longer a champion of the self-published unless you are prepared to pay to play.

For those who don't know, if you have set up your profile with Author Central to include your blog, twitter, or facebook, and you put your video on there, especially your blog, then it will show on your author page, if not your sales page. Something like that..It' a while since I looked at my own, but somewhere I have a video.

Reactions: GDK

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I already explained, I have it set up on my author page, but who sees it there?

They charge you to post it on your sales page? Figures.

The more I deal with Amazon, the more frustrated I get.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Yes, you do need to upload it through Author Central, not for Author Central. It'll show up on the book's product page no problem. No one's gonna charge you for anything.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Yeah, I tried to upload a video trailer there too, a while back. I was surprised when it didn't allow me to post, but I guess the facility is intended for video reviews from book bloggers.

·
Registered
694 Posts
It's debatable about how effective book trailers are when it comes to generating sales. Are they cool? Yes. Are they fun? Yes. Will readers who like your series enjoy them? Yes.

It's not the end of the world if you can't get them to show on your Amazon product page. Post it to your Goodreads profile, and post it on your website, on Author Central, on your social media. And YES, readers do see them in all of those places. If someone likes your book or your cover, they absolutely will click around on those places. They want to know more about you and your work. Make sure you've got those spaces built out and ready to impress!

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
The rule makes sense. At least it would if I owned Amazon. That section for a video is for readers who wish to record a spoken review to post. To be able to post a video review. I think readers have to have spent $50 during the year.

Amazon now have brand ads available for you to post up to a 30 second video on suitable book sales pages, but you have to pay for it, so why let authors do it for free. You'll find it on the Amazon ad site next to sponsored ads. Not sure if it's pay per click as I haven't used it.

However, all is not lost as you said with your author page.

Now that Amazon is established, it's no longer a champion of the self-published unless you are prepared to pay to play.

For those who don't know, if you have set up your profile with Author Central to include your blog, twitter, or facebook, and you put your video on there, especially your blog, then it will show on your author page, if not your sales page. Something like that..It' a while since I looked at my own, but somewhere I have a video.
You have to have spent $50 in the year to post any sort of review.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Understand the frustration. There are plenty of other places to post videos on social media.

goodreads
facebook.Your own posts +. user groups for genre with permission.
twitter
youtube - user channel
kindleboards book bazaar
Your own bog and many more.

·
Registered
632 Posts
You have to have spent $50 in the year to post any sort of review.
Thanks, but that's usually to have a review accepted. I just want to advertise my book.
Understand the frustration. There are plenty of other places to post videos on social media.
Thanks, Decon. It's particularly irksome because you're teased to "upload". In the example above by FiveDragons, a writer was able to post. I'll contact Amazon direct and let you all know if there's any extra info. It would seem a win-win to allow us to tag their trailers to their book. Right?
Alondo, did you ever succeed in getting yours placed?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts