Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered my purple Roof of Heaven. I found a gift card from Christmas I'd forgotten about and decided it was a sign.  ;D You folks converted me!  :) I am a huge purple lover and ROH is so beautiful..now I have to buy a new skin because my current one (Blue Flower Burst) just won't work anymore. Hmm.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,384 Posts
NYCKindleFan said:
I just ordered my purple Roof of Heaven. I found a gift card from Christmas I'd forgotten about and decided it was a sign. ;D You folks converted me! :) I am a huge purple lover and ROH is so beautiful..now I have to buy a new skin because my current one (Blue Flower Blast) just won't work anymore. Hmm.....
How exciting! You won't be disappointed NYC. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
906 Posts
NYC,
I ordered my purple ROH on Thursday also. :) What skin do you think you'll get for it? I ordered the Starry Night because I had been thinking about buying it even before I decided to buy the ROH and then saw Avalon's pictures of the two together and it sealed the deal. I think the Chaotic Land or Lily both would look good with it too though...Decisions, decisions
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43,324 Posts
You know we are going to tell you to get all three and use them in rotation, don't you?
We are enablers, after all. ;)
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
gadgetgirl003 said:
NYC,
I ordered my purple ROH on Thursday also. :) What skin do you think you'll get for it? I ordered the Starry Night because I had been thinking about buying it even before I decided to buy the ROH and then saw Avalon's pictures of the two together and it sealed the deal. I think the Chaotic Land or Lily both would look good with it too though...Decisions, decisions
There was nothing on DecalGirl I liked so I ordered this one from 3acp.com:

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
906 Posts
NYC
I really like the skin you picked!!! Guess I'll have to take "1204"s advice but instead of buying the 3  I was stuck on, now I have to buy 4!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43,324 Posts
Resistance is Futile! You will be Enabled! (or something like that) ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,457 Posts
intinst (or 1204 if you prefer) said:
You know we are going to tell you to get all three and use them in rotation, don't you?
We are enablers, after all. ;)
It's this kind of thinking that's going to cost me.....because I *need* two more Oberon's in different colors to suit my mood! LOL

Skins are cheaper, I should get into changing them instead. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,722 Posts
VictoriaP said:
It's this kind of thinking that's going to cost me.....because I *need* two more Oberon's in different colors to suit my mood! LOL

Skins are cheaper, I should get into changing them instead. :D
But think if it this way..the Oberons wont tear or stretch when you switch them out, so in the long run, you're saving yourself money... ;D

It was worth a try.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43,324 Posts
VictoriaP said:
It's this kind of thinking that's going to cost me.....because I *need* two more Oberon's in different colors to suit my mood! LOL

Skins are cheaper, I should get into changing them instead. :D
I know what you mean about the covers,though. I have a Sky Dragon and Love it. But I really want ROH in saddle and a Black Celtic Knot. I know I'll succumb eventually...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,457 Posts
luvmy4brats said:
But think if it this way..the Oberons wont tear or stretch when you switch them out, so in the long run, you're saving yourself money... ;D

It was worth a try.
**snicker**

I'm just trying....for once.....to have a tiny bit of self discipline. To hold out for a month before I order Oberon #2. And perhaps another month before I order #3.

Why I'm bothering, I have no idea. It's not like I'm accomplishing anything other than torturing myself by just waiting! LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
377 Posts
VictoriaP said:
**snicker**

I'm just trying....for once.....to have a tiny bit of self discipline. To hold out for a month before I order Oberon #2. And perhaps another month before I order #3.

Why I'm bothering, I have no idea. It's not like I'm accomplishing anything other than torturing myself by just waiting! LOL
Me, too! My first Oberon cover won't even be delivered until Tuesday and I am already trying to decide which one to get next! I am going to try and hold off so I can hint for an Oberon for Mother's Day... six weeks. I *think* I can make it! :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,280 Posts
VictoriaP said:
It's this kind of thinking that's going to cost me.....because I *need* two more Oberon's in different colors to suit my mood! LOL

Skins are cheaper, I should get into changing them instead. :D
It's easier to change the covers, though. And although some people are able to take off the skins and reuse them, I'd never have the patience for all that careful peeling. So, in the long run, Oberon covers are probably cheaper than multiple skins.*

L

*That is genius rationalizing, if you ask me. I should get some sort of enabler gold star for that. ;)

 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,280 Posts
intinst (or 1204 if you prefer) said:
I know what you mean about the covers,though. I have a Sky Dragon and Love it. But I really want ROH in saddle and a Black Celtic Knot. I know I'll succumb eventually...
Someone posted pictures of their black celtic knot on another thread and it was really, really nice.

L
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,722 Posts
Leslie said:
It's easier to change the covers, though. And although some people are able to take off the skins and reuse them, I'd never have the patience for all that careful peeling. So, in the long run, Oberon covers are probably cheaper than multiple skins.*

L

*That is genius rationalizing, if you ask me. I should get some sort of enabler gold star for that. ;)
Betsy has taught us well, hasn't she. We both came to the same conclusion. I actually think we've made it to platinum level for enablers. ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43,324 Posts
Leslie said:
Someone posted pictures of their black celtic knot on another thread and it was really, really nice.

L
I saw it, that's what clinched it for me.
 
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Top