Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sue me:  I'm lazy, and don't feel like digging back through the boards to find the answer.

So, aside from the inherent heresy of cutting apart one of the Oberon journals, is there any other reason that a properly motivated Kindler couldn't make their own cover from one of the journal covers?  I mean, if, for example, the design you wanted wasn't availalbe in a kindle cover?  I know the Oberon cover for the kindle has velcro or corners to hold the device in, but couldn't the same properly motivated person add that with a glue gun?

Let me add:  I'm not detracting from anyone who has an Oberon cover, in fact, I'm envious.  But, I like some of their journal covers better than the kindle designs they are offering, and just wonder if I'm missing something, or if I can do this myself?

Any thoughts?  Anyone?

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
If I remember correctly, and I may not be, becuase my head is fuzzy from cold medicine, but I believe the journal covers are larger. You can actually put the journal cover over the original Kindle case.

There have been a couple of people who have used the journal for their Kindle. Not cutting apart required either. It's a refillable journal.

The Oberon Kindle cover is kinda heavy as it is, I can't imagine having the Kindle, Kindle case, and then the journal as a cover over that..That's GOT to be really heavy.

Look..a Bunny!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Look..a Bunny!
rofl. Cool! I'm a carrier for short attention spans!

Thanks for the info, fuzzy head and all. And that is especially good news about the refillable part, b/c the last journal I cut apart...let's just say it's a fortunate thing that "journal mutilation" is not yet a felony in Georgia. It's a misdemeanor at very best. I'm using a journal cover now (but not an Oberon cover), and it works pretty well, except that it's made of cardboard or something, and I don't think it was meant to be open and shut that much. A leather cover would wear far better, I'm thinking.

Thanks! Good luck with your head cold. Or are you just taking cold medicine? If you are, that's okay. Some days are just like that.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Robin,
I have an Oberon journal cover (purple Iris) and I just slid the original Kindle cover into it.
It's a little larger and definitely heavier than the original (and much more beautiful!)
The only real drawback that I see is that I can't bend the front cover back when I read because it's too stiff.  But I usually take it out when I read anyway.
You could do it yourself unless you were laughing too hard.
Andra

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Darn it, You had to go and say the journals were refillable. Here I had just talked myself out of it because I didn't want to spend that much money each time for a new journal each year.  :eek: :mad: ::) ;D 

theresam

Chasing the white rabbit to the Oberon site!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
bkworm8it--

Congratulations on 300 posts! Let us know which journal you get!

Betsy
Thanks Betsy, I can't believe I've hit 300 posts! I've never stayed on a board to make it past 10 posts let alone 300!

As for Journal covers, I've just been put on restriction until my birthday :mad: :eek: Ok it's not that far way. I only have to wait for April LOL.

Theresam

1 - 9 of 9 Posts