Kindle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband is getting a Kindle, too -- in fact, he is getting a Kindle 2, too. I knew he wouldn't be able to resist. Since we're away from home, we're going to wait a few weeks. I'm giving him my Cole Haan cover since I have the Oberons coming.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Congrats, Michelle!

My wife's Kindle arrived 2 days ago, also (we've both chosen NIB Kindle 1s from eBay), and we're now a "Kindle Kouple®" also! These wonderful gadgets have changed our daily lives! What a great technological time in which to live!  ;D

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, we got home last night and the Kindle arrived for him today. He refuses to name it. He has my Cole Haan cover, but other that that it's naked!! My husband has promised to go find some skins since this upsets me so.  :D

·
Registered
9,469 Posts
Being a two-Kindle family is great.  I really thought my DH would get on board with "upgrade" and personalize his K2 with accessories - no way!  After a month his poor K2 is nameless and nekkid.  Never fear all you enablers, I am going to take the plunge and buy him a "manly" skin (maybe Burlwood) and case (probably Obereron Celtic) to lead him in the proper paths of Kindle ownership (he does use the plain black quilted Belkin case I got for when he travels), but I don't think he'll ever give the poor thing a name.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
chynared21 said:
I still DH was a reader... :-\
I'm thinking you lost the word "WISH" in there - I agree, I wish mine was a reader, but as long as he let's me alone while I am reading I guess it's ok. (He;s busy with sports on tv :-X )

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Anju No. 469 said:
I'm thinking you lost the word "WISH" in there - I agree, I wish mine was a reader, but as long as he let's me alone while I am reading I guess it's ok. (He;s busy with sports on tv :-X )
Still haven't found the word :p Mine isn't into sports either. :eek:

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Anju No. 469 said:
Totally agree, as long as he leaves me alone to read we are just fine. :)

·
Registered
685 Posts
Anju No. 469 said:
The poster was probably thinking of a different four letter word and was just too polite to post it. ;D

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
kguthrie said:
Congrats to your husband. Now he won't steal yours.
My husband, while the open-minded sort, avoids like the plague the use of anything "feminine" looking. My Oberon cover and skin fulfill this just enough to make my Kindle husband proof.

He's looking for his own skin right now and torn between a few -- all blue. :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts