Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fought with myself this morning whether I should post this or not. I have gotten the idea from occasional comments in threads that some folks don't really love the milestone posts. Ultimately, I decided to post it, because believe it or not, I used the creation of this post as a positive visualization exercise when I first hit publish and I want to be true to that.

In any case, last night, while I was sleeping my life away, I sold my 5,000th copy of Feels Like the First Time. I did the math and 92% of those sales came at $4.99, 4% at .99 and 2% at 2.99.

I know I am not a great writer yet. The good news is, there are a lot of those on this board that I try to learn from. I am thrilled beyond words that there is a path for a beginning writer like me to find an audience. I really can't thank everyone who contributes here enough. I honestly feel I would not have made this milestone without the Writer's Cafe.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Sean, I noticed some time ago that we published on the same day back in September.
Congratulations, you have a hit on your hands, thanks for posting your results.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
David Thayer said:
Sean, I noticed some time ago that we published on the same day back in September.
Congratulations, you have a hit on your hands, thanks for posting your results.
But David, you are shaming me then... I still have just the one book and one short story in my sig and look what is in yours.

Here's the honest truth... I have struggled mightily with my follow-up to Feels Like the First Time. I've gotten almost 200 4 and 5 star reviews on that book, but I am still questioning every word I write on the follow up. I know I've got to just get over it and get it written, but it has been a struggle.

And... thank you for all the kind words and congrats... glad not everyone is sick of these kind of threads!

·
Registered
369 Posts
I think we oftentimes are so busy looking ahead to the next goal we forget to celebrate the current one. Congrats to you and keep writing! Even if you think your story isn't the best right now, keep writing away and the book will eventually take shape. You can always go back and edit later, but you can't edit a blank screen. Good luck!

·
Registered
502 Posts
Please...these milestone posts are what help motivate a not-quite-yet-self-published author like myself.

In other words, keep 'em coming! :)

Congrats to you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Bruce Blake said:
Congratulations!
Personally, I like the milestone posts. It's great to hear what's going on with others and provides a great source of inspiration.
I 2nd & 3rd this notion. Congrats & post away!

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Congrats!!  :D
I love the milestones and achievement posts! KEEP THEM COMING!  :-*

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I'm so happy for you. I hope we never stop posting our milestone posts here. If we can't share these big moments with each other, who the heck can we share them with? Okay, maybe our family and friends, but they'll never 'get it' the way our fellow writers do!  ;)

·
Registered
854 Posts
Moar milestone posts, please! I love hearing about the successes others are having. It feels good to know that people who are passionate about their work can make a living writing.

A big congrats to you! 5k is a great milestone. I can understand where you're coming from as you're trying to get that next book out, but don't let it get to you. Maybe look at it this way instead: all those people who gave you 4 and 5 stars are eagerly waiting for more from an author whose book they very much enjoyed.

My best to you.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I love milestone posts! Everyone deserves a little celebration thread (and possibly cake) for achieving milestones and meeting goals, gosh darn it!

Congratulations!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts