Kindle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found out about Kindles while searching for a GPS for my kids a couple of weeks before Christmas.  Of course, I had to order a Kindle for myself as soon as I could.  Thanks for all the ideas of what my Kindle will want - the Boards are informative.  I have ordered a cover and books that will be waiting for him so he will be well-dressed and well-fed.  I only allow myself to check once a day to see if he might come sooner.  I have a Sheltie, Sparky, and am baby sitting my son's dog, Zilii, while my son is in college.  For fun, I West Coast swing dance and quilt.  Did I mention I love to read?

Hoping I will get my Kindle sooner than expected.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Welcome,
You've come to the right place.  Waiting can be fun and tedious.  But it sounds like you have plenty to do to keep you occupied while waiting.  Of course, as we always tell the newbies, read as much as you can on here, get Leslie's book, The Amazon Kindle FAQ.  There is a link at the bottom of the main page.  It was the first book I read all the way through on my Kindle.  Very imformative.  Let us know when yours arrives.
debbie

·
Registered
300 Posts
Welcome sheltiemom we glad to keep you company until your Kindle arrives.
BTW I'm a sheltie grandma to my daughter two furbabies. Merlin is a blue merle rescue doggie that has now found his forever home and Shadow is a very handsome tri. Shelties are great little dogs.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Welcome, Sheltie Mom!

This is a great place to wait for your Kindle!  Sounds like you've found the book recommendations and the Accessories board!  Be sure to check out Tips, Tricks and Troubleshooting to learn lots of kool tips for using your Kindle.

Welcome also to another quilter!  We should start a subgroup, Kindlers who quilt!

Betsy

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
sheltiemom, you might want to sign up to be alerted when refurbished Kindles come available.  See the link at the top of the page.  They'll show up with no warning and get bough pretty fast, but if you get lucky you can snag one. . .they're just like new, according to folks here who've gotten one, but $30 less than the new list price.  Might be a way to get a Kindle sooner!

And welcome to Kindleboards!

Ann

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Welcome, Sheltiemom! So glad to have you here.

All these dog stories and pictures make me want to get another dog...sigh...

L

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Welcome Sheltiemom

Nice to have you here.  You do know you won't be able to give back your son's dog  ;D but it will be fun cuddling and reading when you do get your kindle.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Hello Sheltiemom and welcome! You have come to the right place to wait for the arrival of your Kindle, although it sounds like you are already well prepared! :)

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Welcome Sheltiemom!!  We're happy to have you here with us.  There is always plenty to do while waiting for your Kindle.  Lots of free books that you can get downloaded from sites like feedbooks.com and manybooks.net.  I had 40 books from those sites before MaKK even arrived.  And, accessory browsing is such fun and you don't have to already have your Kindle to do that.  Stores like Decalgirl and Oberon already know his size!!  Plus, it's fun to be able to enter the discussions while you're waiting.... this is an excellent place to be!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you to everyone for all the suggestions. 

The dogs are precious!  The Kindle is a "he", but no name yet. 

It really is a help to read the boards and learn about your experiences.

Now, I just need to go look at the free books - I don't think I'll have 40 by the time I get him.

Again, thanks

·
Registered
869 Posts
Hi, Sheltiemom -

Welcome to Kindleboards!

You are being a wonderful owner, preparing ahead time, getting things just right ...  ;D

No worries about free books - we are always glad to point some out for you, whether it's four or 400  ;)

Marci

1 - 14 of 14 Posts