Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Good People,
I have been lurking for a day. Do NOT yet have my Kindle.
But I know I am getting one for Xmas...

A dear friend as bought one for me, but I am a little concerned,
because the order was put in late and we have that potential long wait for back orders...
(11 or more weeks!)

I am trying my best to be optimistic.

I have in preparation ordered a nice M series case, a Decal Girl skin and I just ordered a hard copy of:
The Complete User's Guide to the Amazing Amazon Kindle.

My "real" name is Eric and I train dogs by trade (meaning business not that I do so for barter...).

I have just recently developed a "taste" for reading (this in part is why my friend bought me the Kindle).
I look forward to getting to know some of you over time and I hope I will have something to offer of value occasionally as well.

Where o where is my Kindle tonight!

Sincerely,
Eric (aka ELDogStar)

·
Registered
4,900 Posts
Welcome, Eric.  You and your friend have good taste -- an Amazon Kindle, not just any ol' e-reader.  You'll enjoy it.  I like the fact you can carry your library with you in one little package.

Happy Holidays!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hi Eric, welcome! So glad to have you here.

Let's hope there is a Kindle for you under the Christmas tree. Keep us posted. In the meantime, poke around, get to know us. We're a friendly bunch.

L

·
Registered
384 Posts
Hi ElDogStar, I think you are going to fit in here just fine. Kindleboards will help to keep you busy while you wait.

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Hey, ElDogStar!

Welcome to the Kindleboards!  I think you'll find you get your Kindle a little sooner than you think!  Sounds like you'll be well prepared for it's arrival!

Betsy

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Welcome Eric - There are so many threads here that if you read them you won't have time to wonder where your kindle is, but when you get it you will know all there is to know.  Sure wish I had you here in Mexico to help me with my fur babies!  Spoiled?  NAW

Again Welcome

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Hello Eric and welcome to the boards! From you intro it sounds like you are well on your way to kindledom!! Hope your kindle arrives soon!

·
Registered
869 Posts
Welcome, Erik -

Glad to have you here!  Double glad to hear you will soon be receiving a Kindle for Christmas.

You certainly have been looking seeing as you are so well prepared  :D  Betsy will be bummed that she will not have an opportunity to, uh, "persuade" you to visit Accessories LOL

Do you train dogs for guarding businesses?

Marci

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
THANK YOU everyone for the warm welcome.
I see a preponderance of ladies, which I always think is especially nice.

Marci, protection for businesses is one area I do not cover.
I do very limited personal protection work.

But 99+% of my business is the family pet,
and maybe 33% of those are serious behavioral problem dogs.

I did not yet understand the accessories section  here,
I will buy future items through it whenever possible.
I PROMISE! I definitely believe in mutual support.

And Betsy is so right you can never have too many accessories.

Again than you for the warm welcome it really does mean a lot to me.
Sincerely,
Eric

Who still needs to complete a sig file.

Anyone interested, my avatar is my business logo and
the canine model is my own dog Braveheart.
(And she is a lady dog name not withstanding.)

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
ELDogStar said:
THANK YOU everyone for the warm welcome.
I see a preponderance of ladies, which I always think is especially nice.

Marci, protection for businesses is one area I do not cover.
I do very limited personal protection work.

But 99+% of my business is the family pet,
and maybe 33% of those are serious behavioral problem dogs.

I did not yet understand the accessories section here,
I will buy future items through it whenever possible.
I PROMISE! I definitely believe in mutual support.

And Betsy is so right you can never have too many accessories.

Again than you for the warm welcome it really does mean a lot to me.
Sincerely,
Eric

Who still needs to complete a sig file.

Anyone interested, my avatar is my business logo and
the canine model is my own dog Braveheart.
(And she is a lady dog name not withstanding.)
Love your avatar Eric! Thanks for sharing that with us. Nice to have another guy here. :)

·
Registered
447 Posts
ELDogStar said:
I have in preparation ordered a nice M series case, a Decal Girl skin and I just ordered a hard copy of:
The Complete User's Guide to the Amazing Amazon Kindle.
What skin did you order?

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Avalon3 said:
What skin did you order?
Hi Avalon!

Well... just because you asked (me being coy),
I was going to wait until I had it installed.

BUT... I am getting Decal Girls Zen Skin. The one in white, black and gray with a red and
black accent (not sure how to explain it) on the right edge. I think it will make for a nice
match with the Gray Pebbled cover.

I would not doubt that at some point, maybe not too far away I could easily buy an additional
cover and maybe even a change of pace skin. But for starters I think this will make for a very
relaxed, easy flowing, mellow if you will, combination.

Be well my newest friends.
Eric

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Again!

I do so much appreciate your support.
And Kia is a little charmer for sure.
(I can tell... I am a professional.) ;-)

Bye for now...

Eric

Avalon3 said:
Welcome Eric!!

Glad to have you here and we look forward to your posts. This is the best forum board for Kindle. I was happy to learn that reading is a new attraction for you. There's so many books that I'm sure you will find something you like to read.

Here's Kia. My grandson takes Tae Kwon Do and Kia means spirit and energy. We didn't teach Kia to sit pretty she just started doing it on her own. She's hard to resist when she sits up and begs like this.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Eric, if I might modestly suggest, The Amazon Kindle FAQ is a book you might want to add to your Kindle armamentarium.

If you look down at my signature line, there is a link you can click to get to it over on Amazon.

Thanks for your consideration,

Leslie

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Morning everyone!

Leslie, I am just waiting to actually get my Kindle before ordering any content for it.
It is on my list and will likely be my first paid for download! 
BTW my first real love's name was Leslie and I have a soft spot simply for the name.

Linda, I fought with myself back and forth for some time before I picked the original Zen skin!
Sounds like we have similar tastes in such matters. I will try and post a pic of the "unit" once
"she" is all set-up.

Kreelanwarrior, I have worked with quite a few Weims. Nice dogs.
I tend to prefer the working and larger sporting breeds. I have had a Golden Retriever, Lab (black mix),
a GSD, a couple of mutts and a few Akitas. Akitas are probably my own "preferred breed, but don't tell
Braveheart (she is a American Pit Bull Terrier) and has the strongest sense of humor of any of my dogs.
A true "companion".

Have a good day all!
Almost Merry Christmas time again.
Eric

·
Registered
869 Posts
Avalon3 said:
Here's Kia. My grandson takes Tae Kwon Do and Kia means spirit and energy. We didn't teach Kia to sit pretty she just started doing it on her own. She's hard to resist when she sits up and begs like this.
What a cute picture!

Eric,

I'm planning to purchase or adopt a dog in the second half of 2009. I've been wanting a dog for a long time. Would you be willing to be a resource for me? No problems either way....

Thanks,

Marci

1 - 20 of 21 Posts