Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The parking at my local B&N is so bad!  It is in an upscale shopping area with a Cheesecake Factory right next door.  It seems like no matter what day or time I try to go to B&N, the parking is always an issue.  I went in to buy one last book to tide me over before my K2 arrives (WEDNESDAY!  ;D) and thought to myself 'I won't have to fight this parking situation 2-3 times a week any more'! I can't wait for my K2!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
723 Posts
I have 2 B&Ns, one about 3.5 miles away and the other about 5.5 miles away (opposite directions) I like them both very much and still plan on going to them.

EL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
206 Posts
There is a Best Buy, a China Buffet and Comp USA in the same strip-mall-esque area MY B&N occupies. Talk about a parking nightmare!!  ::)

But I too will probably be there, with my Kindle, buying books for less.  ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,329 Posts
My town has a small bookstore over a wilderness outfitter, a used bookstore, and a Pamida. If you drive for an hour, there is a Target, a K-Mart, and a small bookstore in a strip mall. The last one also sells yarn and they look at you blankly if you ask for any author who is not Stephen King or Laurell K. Hamilton. I once watched a woman try to explain to them about Roald Dahl.

The used bookstore is nice though, cozy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
493 Posts
VMars said:
There is a Best Buy, a China Buffet and Comp USA in the same strip-mall-esque area MY B&N occupies. Talk about a parking nightmare!! ::)

But I too will probably be there, with my Kindle, buying books for less. ;D
That sounds just like my B&N, you're not in RI are you?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ProfCrash said:
I have not been inside a book store since I got Tavar. I drive past them and smile. It is rather liberating.
I'll still go to B&N, to take my children for books and to buy the odd magazine. But we won't be going 2+ times a week anymore! They have their school libraries, after all! ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
737 Posts
My local B&N has hired two strapping fellows to escort Kindle owners out of the store.  Guess they can't take the competion.    :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,724 Posts
Can B&N kick you out for having a kindle in the store? This seems absurd! I mean if they're going to do that then they need to remove all people with ipods or mp3 players as well so it doesn't interfere with their music sales.  :mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
143 Posts
ProfCrash said:
I have not been inside a book store since I got Tavar. I drive past them and smile. It is rather liberating.
"Tavar"--this is your Kindle's name? Pray tell, please explain.

I enjoy going to B&N and just sitting and reading with my Kindle. I buy a large iced tea from the attached Starbucks, and just relax.

Hmm...perhaps I'll have to go tomorrow....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,163 Posts
gwen10 said:
The parking at my local B&N is so bad! It is in an upscale shopping area with a Cheesecake Factory right next door. It seems like no matter what day or time I try to go to B&N, the parking is always an issue. I went in to buy one last book to tide me over before my K2 arrives (WEDNESDAY! ;D) and thought to myself 'I won't have to fight this parking situation 2-3 times a week any more'! I can't wait for my K2!!!
Sounds awfully familiar. Except its located at the busiest intersection on my side of town. The B&N in my area used to be the same way...even if the Borders was just across the street, but these days the B&N is less crowded. More people are heading towards the Borders (which I frequent).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,981 Posts
idolguy said:
"Tavar"--this is your Kindle's name? Pray tell, please explain.

I enjoy going to B&N and just sitting and reading with my Kindle. I buy a large iced tea from the attached Starbucks, and just relax.

Hmm...perhaps I'll have to go tomorrow....
Tavar is the nickname given to Tavi in the fifth book of the Codex Alera series by Jim Butcher. He is one of my favorite characters and it was one of the first books that I read on my Kindle. Tavar is the name of a particularly small, cunning, and deadly animal on Canea. Pretty much everyone avoids pissing off a tavar because they are so deadly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Not only do I make fewer and fewer trips to B&N, am also avoiding the Starbucks.  Purchased a Froth au Lait on Amazon and make my own lattes for waaay cheaper and much more diabetic friendly.  (Insert contented sigh here!)
And Hi guys, am new here.  K1 owner anxiously awaiting my K2 on 25th.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43,324 Posts
Welcome beecee! You also might be interested in one of the Book Klubs. There are several to choose from. We are not uppity, you can join in at any time.
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top