Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...for k1s. 

So, if I have a bunch of screen savers that I like (custom screen savers) and a few that I don't, do I have to delete the entire file and start over to get rid of the screen savers I no longer want?  Or is there a way to get them out of the directory without having to start over?

Not that it's a taxing process, but I'm afraid I'll leave out a step or something crucial, and accidentally make all my books screen savers or something.

·
Super Moderator
67,359 Posts
Check the last couple of posts in Leslie's FAQ (for the K1) thread stickied to the top of this board. . . .I think that'll answer your question. . .

Ann

·
Registered
771 Posts
I was glad to see this question and hoped to see the answer. I have printed both of Leslie's FAQ's and put my new decalgirl screensaver on my KK but I am unable to remove the original screen saver. I have removed the screensaver/picture file and reinstalled the screensaver but the original one is still there! BTW this is also a sreensaver from decalgirl. When I look at the folder with pictures/screensavers in the show hidden folders mode, the only thing I see is the screensaver I want but no hidden folders to delete. I can live with cycling between the two screensavers but not being able to fix this just galls me!
Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
sem said:
I was glad to see this question and hoped to see the answer. I have printed both of Leslie's FAQ's and put my new decalgirl screensaver on my KK but I am unable to remove the original screen saver. I have removed the screensaver/picture file and reinstalled the screensaver but the original one is still there! BTW this is also a sreensaver from decalgirl. When I look at the folder with pictures/screensavers in the show hidden folders mode, the only thing I see is the screensaver I want but no hidden folders to delete. I can live with cycling between the two screensavers but not being able to fix this just galls me!
Any ideas?
Sounds like you aren't seeing the "system" folder, is that right? You need to set your options to show both hidden files/folders and system files/folders.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
marianner is right...in Windows, you need to show hiden files/folders AND show system files/folders (which has a note next to is saying not recommended)  Once you do the check next to the system files/folders, THEN you can get into the system file and delete the screen_saver folder: which is different than the screensaver folder that you originally put on there.

I had this same problem myself!!!  I turned on the "show hidden files/folders" and couldn't figure out why I still couldn't see what I was looking for!!!  Took several hours and loads of help later before I found the Show system files/folders....

Good Luck!

·
Registered
771 Posts
Well, thanks! I'll try this when I get home from work today. Didn't think of the system files & folders. As I said, not a big deal but just frustrating!

Thanks to all for your help!

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
sem said:
Well, thanks! I'll try this when I get home from work today. Didn't think of the system files & folders. As I said, not a big deal but just frustrating!

Thanks to all for your help!
Wow, I just reread my post and it sure sounds like I know what I am talking about, huh? :)

It IS frustrating!!! I was there myself a few weekends ago. If you have any other questions, just send me a PM or post again and I can try some step by step instructions for Windows XP (what I have)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts