Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks. It's been exciting exploring my options for covers and skins. Posters here have been hugely helpful. I started out just wanting something solid or very subtle. So now I'm asking for your opinions on my 'finalists.' (Apologies if the images are too large, I dont have an image editor at home)

The first one is a NOKey from Invisible Defenders, the others are Decal Girl, except the last which is GelaSkin. I'm more focused on the fronts, since that is what I'll be looking at 95% of the time. And I dont need to match any other cover at this time. I just want something fairly subtle and not real distracting. (Altho I do love color and that's why the bottle one made the list)

I think the buttons are too obvious and annoying in this one below. I wonder if it's because GelaSkins have bigger key holes?

·
Registered
921 Posts
I have the second one (match head ) on my K2. It's been on there since I got the K2 in Feb '09. It's a great design I love it.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
The very first one is my fave.  Especially since you are looking for subtle.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I like the first one too.  It is not nearly as distracting as the others.  This coming from someone who has chosen to leave her kindle with just an Oberon.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I like #1 BUT I went with a lighter skin after using the graphite kindle and didn't like the lighter skin.   If you previously had a white kindle you might be OK with this.  Just something to consider.

My favorite of the group is #3.  I also like #7.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I love color too but some skins that I love as pictures just don't work as well on the Kindle, in my opinion.  I have the Van Gogh Almond Tree Blossoms on mine which I find soothing.
Anyway, of the ones you found, I love No. 3 and my next favorite is No. 5.
Good luck - it is so much fun to choose skins and covers!
Lilith

·
Registered
421 Posts
I like #2 & #3.  I would find the first one too distracting.  I think InvDef has similar designs in their nokey store, if you have the patience to search!

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
maries said:
I like #1 BUT I went with a lighter skin after using the graphite kindle and didn't like the lighter skin. If you previously had a white kindle you might be OK with this. Just something to consider.

My favorite of the group is #3. I also like #7.
Number One, the NOKey in soft gray, would be my first choice except for exactly what you point out. I"m not sure there's enough contrast between the skin and the screen. That is the only thing holding me back on that one.

My leanings are #1, #3 (the Milky Way), and #5 Cold Winter (trees with red leaves). I know #5 is not subtle but it really stands out as special.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lilith said:
I love color too but some skins that I love as pictures just don't work as well on the Kindle, in my opinion. I have the Van Gogh Almond Tree Blossoms on mine which I find soothing.
Anyway, of the ones you found, I love No. 3 and my next favorite is No. 5.
Good luck - it is so much fun to choose skins and covers!
Lilith
I liked that Van Gogh as well!

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
mistyd107 said:
I like cold winter
Me too, alot. I may end up using that one or the bottles for my iTouch.

And I still might go with it for my K. Looking at the front of the Kindle it wouldnt be as distracting (red leaves on dark background).

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
MpwdMom said:
What is #6? I like that...it's not jarring to the eye, yet the buttons show up well. The Nokey just turns me off.
That is Decal Girl Constellation.

I lean heavily towards blue in most things..... :)

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
maries said:
I like #1 BUT I went with a lighter skin after using the graphite kindle and didn't like the lighter skin. If you previously had a white kindle you might be OK with this. Just something to consider.

My favorite of the group is #3. I also like #7.
Marie, I'm just the opposite, I really prefer the lighter skins. I still wish I had bought the white K3 from the beginning, and the next one I buy will be white if they offer it.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
9MMare said:
Me too, alot. I may end up using that one or the bottles for my iTouch.

And I still might go with it for my K. Looking at the front of the Kindle it wouldnt be as distracting (red leaves on dark background).
Cold winter was the last skin I had on my K2 and I loved it. I didn't find it distracting at all

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Maybe Decalgirl will have a BOGO soon and you could get 3 & 5 and not need to decide other than which one to use first.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts