Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Kindlers!

I am new to the board but have been lurking for several months. I have had my K1 for almost a year, since last April. It has changed my life, as I know it has for so many here.

I live outside of Austin TX, and I have a great life raising dogs. I have one grandson who spends his afternoons here with me socializing puppies. I feel very fortunate and am grateful to have a fantastic family and a "job" that is my passion. After all, I have to support my Kindle obsession, and we all know what that takes.

I received an Oberon cover (ToL in saddle) for Christmas and almost cried when I got it, which makes me feel that I will fit in well here with all of you enablers. I also splurged on an Oberon handbag (AoT). I thought I would never want skins but now find myself frequenting DecalGirl, just to see what I would get if I ever decide to dress up my baby. I hope this does not eventually lead to me putting clothes on my dogs, not that there's anything wrong with that.  :)

I look forward to participating on this board!

Dixie

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Welcome Dixie! Glad to have you here. You sound like you'll fit in just fine and dandy with all of us...

L

·
Registered
392 Posts
Hiya Dixie!

(waves towards Austin!!)

Welcome to the greatest bunch of people on both sides of the Mississippi! They are a friendly bunch - even the yankees!  :D

Have you read "Edgar Sawtelle"?  When I read about your grandson helping to 'socialize' the pups, that was my first thought.

Have fun and ask any questions - we're all here to help each other!

Dwayne

·
Registered
6,131 Posts
Welcome Dixie, always glad to see another Texan.  I'm fairly close to you, living just north of Austin and working on the south side.
You are sure to make new friends and learn a lot from this group - especially about Accessories!

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome, LilliPilli ! Glad to have you with us! Look forwrd to more of your posts.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Welcome! There are many, many dog lovers here on KB.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Dixie - welcome out of lurkdom as V-A says!  We are delighted to have another Texan here, seems to be quite a lot from your part of the state, let me know if you have a party and I'll come  ;D  But the parties here on the board are a lot of fun as well.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Welcome Dixie.  So glad you decided to join us.  What breed of dogs do you raise? 
There is a great pet thread where members share pics of their furry friends.  I personally have no furries,
besides the bunnies behind my couch or under my bed, but I do love looking at pics of everyone else's.
deb

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Howdy from one Texan to another! Great to have you here Dixie and am looking forward to seeing you around the boards!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts