Kindle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
67,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year, it was bad enough when he ended up in a psychiatric hospital.  This time I don't see any way, even in the skewed 'reality' of a TV show, that he can continue at the hospital.

Just sayin. . . .

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
That is an excellent point.  I heard that Lisa Edelstein is leaving the show.  I have no idea why the hospital administrator leaving would NOT end up with House in jail for that stunt...but perhaps the writers can use it as an out.  At the same time, given what House has done over the years, he should have been fired or incarcerated years ago.

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
The season finale was just too much for me. I was bummed when I head Lisa Edelstein was leaving. But, after watching that disaster of a season ender, I think she's the smart one.

The episode was entitled "Moving On", and now, so am I.

Feh.

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
I used to LOVE House. I gave up on him/it over a year ago.. when his problems became more important to the show than the work. Drug problems & cops? Starting to lose me. In the psyche ward? yep.. ya lost me right there. It took me a/3 of the movie TRON to realize WHY I knew the female lead, and that she was on HOUSE.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
My wife used to love House, but she eventually gave up when it got too over-the-top.

She used to work in a large doctors' office, and she said that a lot of doctors love the show. Go figure!

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I don't know anyone who liked this one and I'm going to miss Lisa Edelstein. I don't think they were sustainable as a couple, but they're great in their work interactions.

·
Super Moderator
67,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree it was better when the focus was mainly on the medical mystery and House's (and other characters) issues were just peripheral.  Really, not one of those characters is a person I'd want to actually get to know. ::)

·
Registered
12,248 Posts
Ann in Arlington said:
Last year, it was bad enough when he ended up in a psychiatric hospital. This time I don't see any way, even in the skewed 'reality' of a TV show, that he can continue at the hospital.

Just sayin. . . .
LOL I've thought that about House many times but somehow he always pulls through.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I wasn't crazy about the finale, but I'll still be watching next season (which I'm hearing is probably the final season).  I'm interested in seeing how the writers get themselves out of the hole they've dug.  The finale was shot before they knew Edelstein was leaving, which is why she didn't get a better send off.

I personally like the stuff like the cop story arc and the mental hospital better than the actual medical cases.  Especially the mental hospital story.  The season 6 premiere is one of my favorite House episodes ever.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
I agree that it's gone way over the top. The man may be a self-centered genius, but he's certifiably nuts. I liked the many medical dilemmas they solved, but it was hard to understand half of what House was saying because he rambled off topic so much.

Joyce

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
The only thing that keeps  me going back to this show (because, really, it is the SAME plot every episode) is Hugh Laurie.  I love his performance.  What is interesting is how very funny he is when he is not playing House.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts