Kindle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know we've talked about literature-map.com here, where you type in an author's name and it generates a list of authors who are (theoretically) somewhat similar.

I just saw a post on Facebook about a similar website, What Should I Read Next? - http://www.whatshouldireadnext.com/ - on this one you type in an author or a title, and you get a list of similar authors or titles. If you register you can set up a list of "favorites". I haven't done that, I just typed in a couple of authors ans titles to see what would come up. I can't vouch for how good the results really are, just thought it was interesting.

·
Super Moderator
67,394 Posts
Thanks, meemo. . . . might be something to add to our "Book Lovers' Links" thread. :)

I also like fictfact.com which doesn't help you find other authors, but will help you keep track of where you are in various series!  Every now and then I go through and just make sure I've got all the 'next book' listings and use that to pick my next read. . . . .

·
Registered
143 Posts
But what books do they have on their data base? If they only have mainstream best seller books then the choice is pretty limited. I tried the first site you mentioned once and all it threw up were well known books, but I want to know about the not so well known ones. They are often a bit different and when you read as much as I do, you get sick of the same old thing. 

·
Registered
434 Posts
The Web site sounds like a neat idea.

I'm a little worried about the accuracy considering I selected The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring Vol 1 (a book and genre I familiar with) and the recommendations included Dr. Seuss' The Cat in the Hat Comes Back, and Mary Pope Osborne's Sunset of the Sabertooth (Magic Tree House #7)!

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
I just tried this site by posting one of my favorite novels, No Great Mischief by the Canadian author Alistair MacLeod. It's a serious story about, among other things, the relationship of two brothers and others in their family.

One of the suggested items to read next was: Pippi Longstocking: 50th Anniversary Edition!

I did enjoy the Pippi stories as a child, but the only connection I've come up with so far is that both books feature characters with red hair!

I've bookmarked the site though, as there were lots of choices on the list, so who knows, it might lead to a nice find.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts