Kindle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day I accidently found out that DH ordered me a K2!  ;D

He has no idea that I know and I have been trying so hard to act like I don't know. Luckily he has been working 12 hour shifts so we haven't seen much of each other. I found an email from amazon confirming the order, but didn't click on it so I don't know the details. I hope he upgraded the shipping because I simply cannot wait the almost 2 weeks for the free shipping. I am so excited! This will be one piece of electronics that will be all mine because DH isn't into reading. We are leaving for vacation on June 28th so I hope I have it by then. Now I really have to make a decision on a skin too.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Wouldn't it be funny if it was for somebody else!  :eek: :eek:  Joking Joking! Congrats. Let us know when it arrives and give us your thoughts on the K2!  ;D

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Congratulations.  Like Kathy said, they give you a long span of time for arrival but normally, even with free shipping, they show up pretty quickly. 
My mom's husband got her a K2 as a surprise and she found out.  He wrote me a check for the amount, and then about a week later asked her to look at his checkbook for him.  She called me and wanted to know why I had such a large check from him.  LOL.  You know you can't lie to your mom.  So I told.  I was kind of relieved because I had ordered the 2 and wasn't sure she would want the new version. 
When he gave it to her you never would have known she already knew.  She was sooooo excited. 
You will be too.
deb

·
Registered
404 Posts
I'll be ordering mine on Friday (the check had better be in my account then!). My son asked me when it would get here. Well, I have Amazon Prime, so it would be free to get in on Tuesday, but if I pay $6.99, it will get here Saturday. I am NOT the world's most patient person. $7 is much less than the tax I would pay on it if I bought it locally (even if I could), not to mention the gas to go down the mountain and into town. Yeah, I'll spring for the Saturday shipping. That way I'll have the weekend to play with it!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had to tell someone so I told my mom yesterday about accidently finding out. She told me what a shame it was that I found the email because he was planning on surprising me for our anniversary and is having it sent to their house! Our anniversary is June 21st, so I don't have too long to wait, much better than waiting for the holidays...lol...

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Ann in Arlington said:
Aw, deb, you didn't have to tell her. Just say, "I can't discuss it until after your birthday." Then she just knows she's got a good gift coming, but doesn't now what it is. :D
She guessed and I couldn't think fast enough to come up with a good lie.
Believe me, I felt really really bad.
deb

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.