Kindle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've published a number of books, and I'm okay with the sales. But one thing that has bothered me for awhile is that I feel they can be edited a lot better than I'm doing on my own. While I'm an editor in my real job, I've always felt that editing yourself is a bad habit.

Any advice on where to find a good editor? I don't mean just someone who took an English class once, but someone who is a proven editor, professional and worth the time.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
My friend Tiffany is a professional freelancer. I trust her to edit my stuff. Her website is TiffanyMaxwell.com.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Be sure to send the same sample to several editors so you can see what you will get for your money. I'm sure it will be easy for you to determine if an editor is will meet your needs.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
You should check out the yellow pages here on KB.
http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,123703.0.html#.UUNwmBxQGPM

All the editors info is current on there. With the switch of the boards, they asked us all to update our info. :)

I'll ditto sending out for samples from several editors. It's less about whether they are "good" (there are number of great editors on here) and more about making sure you all are compatible.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Good for you! It's good to get an experienced, trained professional to go over your work.

I had Peace Warrior published for a full year before getting it professionally edited. The finished product was MUCH cleaner and tighter. Not only did I notice the difference (I was embarrassed by the initial version, to be honest), but my readers noticed it as well. Overall reviewer ratings were much better after the edited version was released.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts