Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Love the show as well.  There is enough of a background in the plot that it might be nice to read some of the stories about his life before being burned...Will have to see.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TM said:
I love the show... but not sure I would like the book. i tend to avoid books based on TV shows.
I haven't read it myself so I can't recommend it. Just putting it out there if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
Apropos of nothing, Tod Goldberg is the brother of Lee Goldberg (one of the writers for the Monk TV show). Lee Goldberg writes the Monk novels.

Small world.  :)

Mike

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LaraAmber said:
Are there tasteful "art" photos of Jeffrey Donovan in it? I have to pretend I'm really interested in the stories and not swooning over Michael Weston while watching it with my husband.

Lara Amber
;D

jmiked said:
Apropos of nothing, Tod Goldberg is the brother of Lee Goldberg (one of the writers for the Monk TV show). Lee Goldberg writes the Monk novels.

Small world. :)

Mike
I see they are keeping it in the family. Didn't know there were Monk novels. Might have to take a look at those myself.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Chad Winters said:
Yes I'm sure he didn't notice Gabrielle Anwar at all!! (I didn't!!)
You probably didn't notice her 'cos if she turns sideways, she disappears from view.

(nah, I'm not bitter, not a bit :D)

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
TM said:
I love the show... but not sure I would like the book. i tend to avoid books based on TV shows.
Yeah, would have to agree. Although the other way around is generally pretty good.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
sebat said:
I just came across this.
$5.59
I have it, no pictures other then the cover, darn. They film around here and Jeffrey Donovan looks as good in person as he does on TV. :) It was good if you like Burn Notice and I do, not Shakespeare great but worth the time.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Gables Girl said:
I have it, no pictures other then the cover, darn. They film around here and Jeffrey Donovan looks as good in person as he does on TV. :) It was good if you like Burn Notice and I do, not Shakespeare great but worth the time.
I love Burn Notice! Makes me laugh - sometimes I feel like I should be taking notes on Michael's handy-dandy tips. ;D

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
tlrowley said:
You probably didn't notice her 'cos if she turns sideways, she disappears from view.

(nah, I'm not bitter, not a bit :D)
My daughter was an extra on a couple of episodes (watch for her hand) and she said Anwar is really, really tiny.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
gertiekindle said:
My daughter was an extra on a couple of episodes (watch for her hand) and she said Anwar is really, really tiny.
Yes, if you look really close she wears platforms high enough to give you a nose bleed. :)

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
LDB said:
She's 5'3" supposedly, according to imdb.com
My daughter is just under 5'2" and weighs about 95 pounds. For her to call Anwar tiny, I'm guessing she's at least that small. But if it makes her happy to report that she's 5'3", it's okay with me. ;)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts