Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got around to reading Lady Chatterley's Lover and really enjoyed it.  For those familiar with D.H. Lawrence, which one of his novels should I read next?  I read that Women In Love is the sequel to The Rainbow and probably should read those in that order.  What about Sons and Lovers?  Any suggestions appreciated!

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
I'm sure someone here will be able to help you, but it won't be me, LOL!  Never did read much in the classics.  Anything that smacked of assigned reading made me head for the hills....

Anyone out there?

Betsy

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Betsy the Quilter said:
Never did read much in the classics. Anything that smacked of assigned reading made me head for the hills....
Betsy
Betsy -- I know what you mean. From time to time I'll get on a binge of reading classics and it's very difficult for me not to "study" them while I'm reading, as if Im preparing for the final essay in class. With Lady Chatterley's Lover, I allowed myself to reflect a bit during parts that were written particularly well, but then just got so caught up in the tale that I read faster and faster and reminded myself there wasn't going to be a test. One night while reading it 2-1/2 hours just passed and felt like 30 minutes; I remembered blinking my eyes when I checked the clock :D I really enjoyed it because it allowed me to fully escape and get lost in the plot.

·
Registered
12 Posts
LCL is the best, and Sons and Lovers was great too.

I cut my erotica teeth on LCL back in the 9th grade (wow, am I that old??)

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Jeff and StephanieRose.  D.H. Lawrence is certainly a character.  I tried explaining LCL to my husband, and I think he thought I was as starved for attention as Lady Chatterley herself.  :D  I do find it fascinating how Lawrence describes the more "delicate" scenes. 

1 - 9 of 9 Posts