Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So any of you's into gaming by any chance? I pretty much play my Xbox 360 with Call of Duty Black Ops when it comes to gaming. What about you guys and gals? Any gamers here?

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
I love my 360! I play mostly RPGs, but I love a good game of Halo with my friends. I just finished playing through Fallout: New Vegas and loved it. I tried out Dungeon Siege 3 just now, but wasn't really enjoying it, so I think I might play LA Noire next, instead. My sister just bought a 360 so I'm hoping she might play the Portal 2 co-op with me. :)

·
Registered
492 Posts
Ohh i really want to play LA Noire but i dont have an Xbox and i think my brother has sold his Playstation ::)

I like my games though, i play the Sims 2 on PC and i have a Nintendo DS which i love playing on. We also have a Wii but it hasn't been used in a while.

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
I love gaming, but much prefer face-to-face rather than computer games, whether it be board games, card games, RPG's, or historical miniatures gaming. These days, however, I don't get much opportunity other than a monthly "game night" group that usually plays cards, sometimes "fun" board games (nothing too serious or strategic).

I don't really care for "real time" computer games, much preferring turn-base strategy games. However, the market demands the real-time shoot-em-ups and RPG's, so I'm pretty much out of luck when it comes to finding games I like that let you think between moves. So when I do play computer games, I'm mostly stuck with Win-98 era games, such as Panzer General III or The Temple of Elemental Evil.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
NogDog said:
I love gaming, but much prefer face-to-face rather than computer games, whether it be board games, card games, RPG's, or historical miniatures gaming. These days, however, I don't get much opportunity other than a monthly "game night" group that usually plays cards, sometimes "fun" board games (nothing too serious or strategic).
I love board games and card games! Some of our favorites are Ticket to Ride, Betrayal at the House on the Hill, and Munchkin. :)

·
Registered
393 Posts
Played stuff like Tom Clancy's Vegas and Borderlands and Red Faction. Not played Black ops, though. Alan Wake was fun, but a bit repetitious. Got L.A. Noire but not yet played it. I'm an Amiga Veteran. Actuall, Atari 800xl.  :D

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
I keep buying consoles and not playing them, but I'm finally finding my niche with Steam downloads on my PC.  It's so much easier to download games and play them on the computer, no worrying with discs and booklets and boxes.  I've been a gamer pretty much my entire life... I had the Atari 400, 800XL (both with cassette player), TI-99, Commodore 64, Vic-20 and pretty much everything since) but I can be bad about just getting a game, playing it a few times, and never finishing it.  I blame my upbringing on Atari games where it didn't matter how long you played, you got the same experience.  I know for a fact I played those old repetitive games longer than I have a lot of newer titles.

I play Warcraft and played Rift a bit and actually work for Simutronics as a lead designer for one of their online games.  It's not a huge deal because it's a small game and it's all text-based, but I have a lot of fun with it and since it's set in Greece it lets me enjoy researching the history and such.  I am looking forward to a lot of stuff coming out that I saw at E3 (Skyrim, Star Wars Online, Assassin's Creed) but I find myself having a lot more fun with independent titles like Solar 2, Terraria, Magicka, Minecraft, etc.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I'm a long-time PC gamer.  I like most game genres, but I get bored of seeing the same things done over and over.  I'm looking forward to a new wave of games like Minecraft, that let you be creative and shape the world, rather than just shooting enemies.  I'm looking forward to playing Skyrim and the new Deus Ex game, and I have especially high hopes for Dead Island, a big open world zombie survival game that's coming out soon.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I play eeeeeverything.  Except sports games, obv.  Lately I've been enjoying Child of Eden on the 360 and Muramasa on the Wii, both exceptionally beautiful.  Looking forward to the new EDF game, too, hopefully it's just as shonky and b-grade and totally bonkers fun as the last one.

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Geoffrey said:
I'm a PC gamer and I prefer god games like Europa Universalis, Civilization or Spore ....
This is coming out soon, can't wait for it. It's coming ou ton XBOX on July 27th and apparently not releasing for anything else until September which really irks me -_- Been waiting on this one for a year or so.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Yessss From Dust looks amazing. I only recently learned that Eric Chahi (Future Wars, Out Of This World/Another World and the fantastic Heart Of Darkness, among others) is the man behind it, which increased my anticipation tenfold. Ubisoft are on a role right now.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Jessica Billings said:
I love my 360! I play mostly RPGs, but I love a good game of Halo with my friends. I just finished playing through Fallout: New Vegas and loved it. I tried out Dungeon Siege 3 just now, but wasn't really enjoying it, so I think I might play LA Noire next, instead. My sister just bought a 360 so I'm hoping she might play the Portal 2 co-op with me. :)
L.A. Noire is fantastic. It's one of those games you have to play. I pretty much call it a interactive movie with some chasing and shooting involved for extra measures. The story is highly engrossing and it's really fun interrogating people. Some of the crime scenes are pretty crazy too.

They released books based on the game too, so I might look into those. :)

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I really enjoy the FATE games.  Currently playing The Cursed King.  I really like role playing games and started many many many moons ago with the very first Ultima and have been hooked ever since. 

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Bogbuilder said:
I do graphics for Xbox indie games - though I don't have an xbox myself. As far as gaming goes, I'm happy enough with Vampire Wars on FB.
I'm not to fond of facebook games, but they do seem to be getting better and better these days.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts