Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about the holidays, and I always reread Charles Dickens 'A Christmas Carol' on or around Christmas.

I'm trying to get myself in the mood this year (though it is still a little early)- but does anyone have any good holiday reading suggestions? Preferably on Kindle :)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I looked at the search results before and some of those books looked a little hokey haha.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Snapcat said:
Yeah I looked at the search results before and some of those books looked a little hokey haha.
Probably not any hokier than ABC Family's 25 days of Christmas movies. One more big-city-girl-comes-back-to-small-home-town-and-hooks-up-with-childhood-sweetheart-she-left-behind and I'm gonna cancel Christmas. Ooops, I feel a rewatch of Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves coming on.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I'm excited to download "The Magical Christmas Cat" on my Kindle when I get it.

lol.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
I am currently reading 'The Christmas Star' by Thomas Kinkade and it is really good. It's a little early to read Christmas books but I had put this one on hold at our library before I got my Kindle. I have read several of his Christmas books and have always enjoyed them. I have also been looking on Amazon for Christmas books but there are so many choices it's hard to decide. I have sent myself many samples so I can see which ones interest me.

Good luck in your search!

·
Registered
829 Posts
Snapcat said:
are you calling me hokey?? huh? huh? are you??

(if so, I'm OK with that)

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I have a couple of favorites...

This is one bizarre story.

and

(not available on Kindle)

·
Registered
273 Posts
A Redbird Christmas by Fanny Flagg. I read this and loved it.

·
Registered
829 Posts
pidgeon92 said:
I have a couple of favorites...

This is one bizarre story.

and

(not available on Kindle)
both are great reads....... I'd start with Christopher Moore if you like laugh out loud until your sides hurt funny!

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Kirstin said:
both are great reads....... I'd start with Christopher Moore if you like laugh out loud until your sides hurt funny!
I'm so glad to find someone else who enjoyed that book, I just loved it. Did you read Love Bites? Not as funny, but still entertaining.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh I have only read one of Christopher Moore's books before, 'A Dirty Job' but I enjoyed it. I'll have to check out his Christmasy one.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far everyone. :)

·
Registered
829 Posts
pidgeon92 said:
I'm so glad to find someone else who enjoyed that book, I just loved it. Did you read Love Bites? Not as funny, but still entertaining.
no...but I do plan to.

I read Dirty Job first.... followed by Island of the sequined love nun, and Lamb, The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal and then The Lust Lizard of Melancholy Cove , and then Practical Demonkeeping .... I love his books

B

·
0 Posts
I would second either of the Fannie Flagg books. I have read neither one yet, but have loved everything else she has written.

B

·
0 Posts
LuckyRainbow said:
I would second either of the Fannie Flagg book. I have read neither one yet, but have loved everything else she has written.
Aren't you supposed to be working!? ;)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts