Kindle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
You know, I think this is an excellent question and would also be interested in the answer.  There are about a jillion (a technical term) zombie and vampire series out there, but I feel all of those tales are just exhausted.  I honestly cannot think of a horror series that I would recommend.  I loved King's Dark Tower series, but it really wasn't "horror" but that's about as close as I can get.

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
See, I love a good long, LOOOONNNG book.  I have read many Tom Clancy books and such. I like getting so involved in the story, I don't want the book to end.  So, for me, the King books could have been even longer and I would have kept reading.  I read IT (over 1000 pages) in a week.  It took me about two weeks to read Under the Dome (WELL over 1000 pages).

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
KyahCA said:
I've heard about King's Tower series but have you seen the size of them? :O I don't think I'd have the patience to read them, haha.
That's why the Kindle is so perfect... don't have to worry about the size or weight of the book. As for the patience part, you can always put the long book aside and read a short story or novella to break it up. I am known to have 3 or more books in progress at a time.

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
For some fairly "classic" horror, most all of H.P. Lovecraft's stories are available for Kindle in free/cheap collections.

Charles Stross has a series of books that are sort of a combination of Lovecraft-inspired horror and Len Deighton spy thriller, but with a lighter tone than either, starting with The Atrocity Archives.

Not a series (at least so far?), but a book I found myself surprised at liking and which is not at all the same old horror story: John Dies at the End by David Wong.

·
Registered
196 Posts
These may not be a series in the sense it has the same protagonist in each story, but Scott Sigler spins some petty good horror stories with Contagious, Infected, Ancestor and the audio books Earthcore and The Crypt

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
The Beast House Series by Richard Laymon.  The Cellar, The Beast House, The Midnight Tour, and Friday Night in the Beast House.  The First book is a great classic horror, novel.  The second and third are OK, but read like the post hoc sequels they are.  I haven't read the fourth.  The third is available for Kindle.  Try the first, at the very least.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.