Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
I've been extremely happy so far with the cheapest of all my Kindle accessories--a $4 coated wire folding picture frame stand from a local crafts store. It's about 4x4x1/2 folded, opens out to about 8 x 4 to hold the K2 at nearly any angle. Super portable, but sturdy enogh to leave on a nightstand to store the Kindle away from any potential spills.

I know there are some gorgeous wooden ones out there--I have one from Levenger from several years ago that's ideal for textbooks--but I'm so pleased to have this small, sturdy, yet lightweight one for so little cost.

Looks a lot like this one, but was available in a national chain crafts store; I'd imagine they're not hard to find.

http://display-world.com/folding-counter-easel-3-wiregb-3a.html

·
Registered
27 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
VictoriaP said:
I've been extremely happy so far with the cheapest of all my Kindle accessories--a $4 coated wire folding picture frame stand from a local crafts store. It's about 4x4x1/2 folded, opens out to about 8 x 4 to hold the K2 at nearly any angle. Super portable, but sturdy enogh to leave on a nightstand to store the Kindle away from any potential spills.

I know there are some gorgeous wooden ones out there--I have one from Levenger from several years ago that's ideal for textbooks--but I'm so pleased to have this small, sturdy, yet lightweight one for so little cost.

Looks a lot like this one, but was available in a national chain crafts store; I'd imagine they're not hard to find.

I also use a wire display stand. Cheap, folds up smaller than any other stand, and weighs almost nothing. I got mine here:

http://www.gibsonholders.com/2-Wire-Display-Stands/c23/index.html?osCsid=79e70f162af6bcf97ccd7717cb003426

Berni

·
Registered
850 Posts
Thanks for your input guys.  I just ordered a wire foldup stand.  The shipping on these puppies is not cheap so if you can find one locally you are better off.  Even better is that you could probably make your own out of a couple of coathangers if you are not a lazy old curmudgeon like me ;D

Update:  Got the stand yesterday from Gibson Holders (via their website).  Cost = $2.30.  Very well made light weight, folds up small.  I'm very pleased with it.  Right now I have a pretty large size dtb on it since I need to see some pics and instructions.  This is a stand that has a lot of uses.  They come in white and black.  Would be good to display plates, too.  I'm glad I got this one, which is coated, rather than make my own.

·
Registered
468 Posts
VictoriaP said:

That's what I own too. Its awesome!

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
I really loved my iZel until I got my Oberon and didn't want to take the Kindle out of it's case anymore. The iZel is a bit pricey at $25, but it folds completely flat and can be stored inside a zip-up Kindle case behind the Kindle, which is where I kept mine in my old Belkin Kindle case. The pic below is of the pink model, but it's also available in black & gray.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I love my JAVOedge flip cover too. Both of them actually. I have two. (won one off of GearDiary.com)

Best cover I've had for a Kindle so far. Love the kickstand. I have MS and this month both my hands are numb and clumsy and get tired really easily just holding a pencil. The stand is PERFECT for reading. I just put it on my desk and read.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
911jason said:
I really loved my iZel until I got my Oberon and didn't want to take the Kindle out of it's case anymore. The iZel is a bit pricey at $25, but it folds completely flat and can be stored inside a zip-up Kindle case behind the Kindle, which is where I kept mine in my old Belkin Kindle case. The pic below is of the pink model, but it's also available in black & gray.

PINK!!!!!! Aaaargggghhhhhh....I don't need this, my little $4 wire frame job is still fine a year later....but it's PINK!!!!!!

I wish we had a pic of it in use with a Kindle though. The angle might not feel right to some, since it's designed for a much smaller device. I definitely prefer adjustable angles, I've learned that between both my Kindle and using the iPad.

...but it's PINK!!!! ;D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.