Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how many of us are left. I just got my K1 in November and since I'm very happy with it I saw no reason to ditch it for Kindle 2. Now that my husband has been laid off I couldn't upgrade even if I wanted to! I'm still loving K1...anyone else?  ;D

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Got mine the 1st of November and very happy with it. I've dressed her up in a DecalGirl skin and an Oberon cover and I can't imagine giving her up. She was also a present from my 4 children for Christmas, so I doubt that I'll ever part with her. I'll upgrade in a year or so if necessary, but I'm quite pleased at the moment. :)

·
Registered
376 Posts
Got mine last summer...very happy with it and while some of the K2 features would be nice, none were compelling enough for me to invest in an upgrade.

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
Got my Kindle in July. . . .very happy with it. . . .

Ann

·
Registered
321 Posts
I got my first one a couple of weeks ago but it kept freezing so Amazon sent me a new one.  I just got that yesterday.  I absolutely love it.  My DH wanted me to go ahead and get K2 but I didn't see the need for it.  For the same $$ as a k2 I got a skin and cover, as well as the k1.  I couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
My Kindle 1 arrived in November.  I am thrilled with it.  It seemed disloyal just to ditch her for a newer model.  Perhaps when K3 arrives -- or later.  Another reason for staying with KK is that I do not have Whispernet service.  So. . .  my darling KK is just right for me.  ;D

·
Registered
469 Posts
I got my K1 in December 2008 and absolutely love it. Since then my sister bought a K2 so I've seen and held both.

Although there are a few nice feature of the K2, I love my K1 too much to replace it already.

I also have 2 covers that I like and don't see the need to spend the money for a K2 cover.

Maybe when K3 comes out, and if there are more upgrades (like folders) I'll consider it.

Lynn M

·
Registered
143 Posts
NYCKindleFan said:
Just wondering how many of us are left. I just got my K1 in November and since I'm very happy with it I saw no reason to ditch it for Kindle 2. Now that my husband has been laid off I couldn't upgrade even if I wanted to! I'm still loving K1...anyone else? ;D
Indeed, I'm quite happy. My wife got me a Kindle (1) for Christmas. I love reading my books (currently reading Gone with the Wind) and newspapers on the K1. The form factor is great and the reading experience is awesome. I bought a 4 gigabyte memory card to expand the storage--and I'm set!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had ordered my Kindle a couple weeks before the K2 announcement, which meant several more weeks of waiting.
I went ahead and got a used Kindle 1 and have never regretted not waiting.
I'm driving everybody that knows me completely crazy going on and on about how much I love it, how it's given me the joy of reading back (I had gotten to the point my eyes just got too tired so fast reading paper), how it's so convenient.........well.......you know what all the points are.
So, yeah.
I'm very happy with my Kindle 1   :D

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Me, too!  

Ditto!

If folders become available on K2 or higher, I am off to amazon.... other than that, I love my K1 and Oberon...and skins...and BorsaBella bag....and....

·
Registered
383 Posts
Vegas_Asian said:
I still have my K1. I still haven't thought of a good logical reason to update other than the impulse I occassionally have.
This is me...except I didn't control the impulse. ;D I Like K2, but not enough for the $$.
Sold it to a friend. (Easier than returning it. He now calls me his electronic enabler.)

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm with KindleKay - folders would have been the tipping point, but nothing else was compelling enough to make me ditch my Kindle Classic, whose name turns out to be Pellucidar.

Lucky thing, too - my husband has been laid off, so I'm glad I didn't get all spend happy.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
I got my K1 last July also, and am absolutely in love with it, so much so that I bought a K1 from someone who had upgraded, wanted to have a back-up  :D

It will be awhile before I upgrade, even folders won't convince me, but I keep all my books on the computer and move back and forth from there.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I bought my Kindle 1 last April, right after the supply went back up and there was no waiting time. I really love it as it is.  It still works, so I see no reason to change at this point.  I also drive my car into the ground before replacing it.  I may not wait that long to replace the Kindle.  I have to see what they come up with the Kindle 3.

Kathy

·
Registered
190 Posts
I LOVE my K1, Estelle and have no desire to switch to K2.  I wrote a review in the K1 reviews forum with all my reasons why but basically, yeah... Estelle rocks!  ;D

·
Registered
126 Posts
I've been happy with my K1 since I got it last April-ish.  My wife has a K2 and seeing and using the K2 has made me even happier with my K1 than I was before.  Nobody -- NObody -- is taking away my big, externally-variable buttons.  Nobody.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
I got my Kindle 1 October 30, 2008 and couldn't be happier.  I did have moments of Kindle 2 envy when everybody first got theirs but after seeing side by side postings of them I realized that I didn't need all the features of the K2 and my K1 was perfect for me.  I just put my first skin on her and she is beautiful (I still need to post pictures, will do so soon).  There are still lots of us K1 owners out here.  I have just decided to name her Aurora (from my favorite childhood book, Sleeping Beauty).  With her Velvet Jewel skin she looks like the Aurora Borealis.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Got my K1 on February 7 as a birthday gift from hubby. I LOVE IT!!!!!!  I would never part with it because of the sentimental value.  However, when K3 comes out I plan to get one for all the bells and whistles but I'll still keep my K1.......maybe keep cookbooks/ reference books on it and everything else on the K3??   :)

1 - 20 of 73 Posts