Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot believe I did not come across this show until a year ago.  When USA has a marathon I virtually ignore everything else going on and things that should be done don't get done ;).

·
Registered
28 Posts
KCFoggin said:
I cannot believe I did not come across this show until a year ago. When USA has a marathon I virtually ignore everything else going on and things that should be done don't get done ;).
He was on one of the talk shows a while back. Did you know he has a strong British accent? You certainly can not tell it on the show at all. My wife says he is ME! Is that an insult or a compliment? ???

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
I watched Stuart Little recently....its hard to see Hugh Laurie playing a really nice guy there as Mr. Little after sending the last five years seeing him as House. I love House, the series (sometimes not the character)! I am a Wilson fan. Also am a Dr. Chase Fan!

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
I've been a Hugh Laurie fan for 20+ years. I'm always surprised when I run across someone who doesn't know he's a Brit.

I was a huge fan the first several seasons; this season I've watched maybe 5 or 6 episodes. I'm beginning to get tired of the House character, I think.

Mike

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I really loved this show when they focused more on the cases, and less on the characters personal lives.... I did not enjoy the last two seasons as much as I did the first couple of seasons.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I am a huge house fan and count me in as someone who did not know he was a Brit until I heard him accept an award and I was like whaat, he's British.  Call me superficial but the accent makes me like him all the more.  lol

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
pidgeon92 said:
I really loved this show when they focused more on the cases, and less on the characters personal lives.... I did not enjoy the last two seasons as much as I did the first couple of seasons.
I agree. Although the last couple of recent episodes have been more interesting.

·
Registered
761 Posts
House is one of, if not my favorite show. TV shows that have dialogue that is well written are few and far between it seems. On shows like House and The West Wing, words matter, and are as important as the plot.

·
Registered
148 Posts
You know whose accent always surprises me? Kevin McKidd. I first heard saw him in "Rome" and thought he was just a regular English guy. Then I saw some of the DVD extras and was shocked to find out he has a Scottish burr so thick you could cut it with a knife! And on "Grey's Anatomy," he sounds 100 percent American!

Also, he's insanely hot :)

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Sanveann said:
You know whose accent always surprises me? Kevin McKidd. I first heard saw him in "Rome" and thought he was just a regular English guy. Then I saw some of the DVD extras and was shocked to find out he has a Scottish burr so thick you could cut it with a knife! And on "Grey's Anatomy," he sounds 100 percent American!

Also, he's insanely hot :)
See, now I gotta go look this lad up... how can I resist?

Ok, he IS cute!

·
Super Moderator
67,251 Posts
Hugh Laurie is also a fine musician. . .when he's playing guitar or piano on the show he's REALLY playing. . . . .

I really like the episode with Dave Matthews as the musical savant. . . . .

·
Registered
761 Posts
That one was pretty good. I liked the fact they played The Boomtown Rats "I Don't Like Mondays" together on the piano before playing one of House's original pieces.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
jmiked said:
I've been a Hugh Laurie fan for 20+ years. I'm always surprised when I run across someone who doesn't know he's a Brit.
It just makes me sad, because I know they've missed some of his best stuff -- particularly his work with Stephen Fry.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Fry And Laurie was great, and they were really funny in Black Adder. It's funny, I'm in the U.K right now and House is quite popular here. I remember when Stephen Fry was on an episode or two of "Bones" that was on just before House, and I thought "Fry And Laurie, Together Again...almost". Stephen Fry did this great documentary about America where he travels through all the 48 contiguous states in a London taxi cab. It's a very interesting show called "Stephen Fry in America." It might soon be on BBC America.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It would appear that he has a fairly decent singing voice as well.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I love watching house. Just started this year by seeing reruns on spike TV. Now I've got the series on Netflix so I can catch up and I didn't know he was British either.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts