Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You can save KindleBoards.com to your iPhone home screen!

From the web browser, go to KindleBoards.com, then touch the "+" icon at the bottom of the iPhone screen. Touch "Add to Home screen". Specify "Kindle" in the text box,, and touch "Add". You're done!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
That's very cool, Harvey, thanks!

Just a note, folks, because I did it wrong...you need to be at the Kindle Boards when you use the + sign.

Now to figure out how to delete this blank box from my screen.....

L

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Leslie - I've clarified my instructions in the OP.

(You probably know this, but to delete an icon from the iPhone screen, press and hold the icon until it starts to quiver; then touch the "x" box to remove it.)

·
Registered
829 Posts
stop making me want more stuff!!   I've been eyeing the iPhone since it was released but I can't talk myself into it.  I carry a blackberry for work and don't "need" an iPhone but I still want one.  Not sure I could swing it with mr. man - he'd give me the hairy eyeball.   

any way to get Kindleboards on my blackberry?  huh?  huh?  can I??

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^ I have the same dilemma - in fact now I carry a B'Berry for work, and an iPhone for fun. Makes for a heavy gadget belt.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I would like to say that the day I got my iPhone was the day my life was complete.  ;D

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
pidgeon92 said:
I would like to say that the day I got my iPhone was the day my life was complete. ;D
Was that before or after you got your Kindle? ;)

Betsy

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Yes, the iPhone totally rules! Getting two iPhones (one for me, one for the Mrs., along with our paired Kindles!) was one of the best choices we've ever made in terms of communications gadgets. And they integrated seamlessly with our Mac laptops.

And just to add a comment to that, the only regret I have is that we didn't switch over to Macs years ago (which is really bad for me, as I've been a computer nerd for the better part of 20 years): our MacBook Pros were worth every penny, and they even run Windows (using a virtual machine emulator) better than our Windows machines ever did! D'oh!

Cheers,
Mike

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
^ I am pretty sure it will, Karin. Let me know though if it doesn't cooperate.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Harvey said:
^ I am pretty sure it will, Karin. Let me know though if it doesn't cooperate.
Yes, it worked fine, Harvey. Now I can allow myself to be even MORE addicted to this board.
::)

·
Registered
829 Posts
Geeky Girl Karin said:
Yes, it worked fine, Harvey. Now I can allow myself to be even MORE addicted to this board.
::)
you can access the internet with the iTouch? How does that work? do you have to purchase a plan for that?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts