Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My DH ordered one yesterday morning (well 1:00 in the morning) and I am curious if anyone out in KindleBoard land owns one and has any recepies they can share. We won't have it for a week or so but he is pretty excited.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,676 Posts
I can't believe LaLane is still going strong, and still wearing those form-fitting jump suits. 

Happy juicing and long life to you and DH.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,392 Posts
A what?!?!

And he's excited about it?!?!

That guy has got to find some more interesting hobbies. ;)

j/k Enjoy the juicer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,676 Posts
Forster said:
A what?!?!

And he's excited about it?!?!

That guy has got to find some more interesting hobbies. ;)

j/k Enjoy the juicer.
Do you think I need to post the dog house vid here? Maybe DH needs an intervention. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Forster said:
A what?!?!

And he's excited about it?!?!

That guy has got to find some more interesting hobbies. ;)

j/k Enjoy the juicer.
LOL if the man had any more hobbies he would not have time for me!

He plays guitar, cross-stitches, cooks, plays video games, builds models, writes software programs, and the list goes on. The only thing he does not like to do much is read :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,392 Posts
Gertie Kindle 'Turn to Page 390' said:
Do you think I need to post the dog house vid here? Maybe DH needs an intervention. ;)
You might have to I'm a very slowwwwww learner. LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,047 Posts
Rhiathame said:
LOL if the man had any more hobbies he would not have time for me!

He plays guitar, cross-stitches, cooks, plays video games, builds models, writes software programs, and the list goes on. The only thing he does not like to do much is read :(
but does he cook and wash the dishes?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,392 Posts
Anju No. 469 said:
but does he cook and wash the dishes?
Any man worth his salt knows how to get out of doing the dishes or loading the dishwasher. My preferred method is the doggy prewash cycle.

However, I am conscientious enough to not leave too many dishes to be done, though sadly, even my motives in this regard are sometimes called into question like when I get caught drinking straight out of the milk jug.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,311 Posts
Stick a carrot in it! Carrot juice is one of the best juices around. You can also do carrot and green apple. It will come with a recipe book that you can also experiment with.

The hardest part of that machine is going to be cleaning it, lots of parts, the screen will need a good scrubbing...ect...

I quit using my juicer (not the JLaLane) because of the clean-up...hated that chore.

I now use a power blender ( ::) ) and juice up all kinds of smoothies...watermelon, cantaloupe, banana, orange...this way I get the whole fruits. The juicer is good for veggies, blender for fruits.

Let me know if you need more helps, this is all just off the top of my head.

-Sailor
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,329 Posts
I can't remember the ratio, but you can make tasty lemonade with just lemons and a couple apples for sweetness.

It's a pain to clean though.  :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
426 Posts
sailor said:

I now use a power blender ( ::) ) and juice up all kinds of smoothies...watermelon, cantaloupe, banana, orange...this way I get the whole fruits. The juicer is good for veggies, blender for fruits.
I have a Vitamix. My method of smoothies is 'whatever is getting ready to spoil'. Fridge clean out nutrition.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,879 Posts
I have one... brand new... still in the box!! Have had it for at least 3 years! Ordered it late one night following a surgery when I couldn't sleep! Guess I ought to get it out and give it a try! ;D
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top