Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any others seen slower performance on Kindle 1 since the 1.2 software update?  I thought it was my imagination at first but I am now sure it's not.  My k1 is slower to wake, to return to home page, to open books etc.  Has anyone else seen this?

Sioux
 

· Registered
Joined
·
495 Posts
Try changing your home page sort to "most recent first". If mine is "by title", everything is slow - coming out of sleep, going to the home page, etc. When it is set to Most Recent, it goes back to the old speed.

The biggest problem I now have is that often the Content Manager is completely blank. I have to resort it several times to get it to display anything.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,324 Posts
My home page is always at "most recent first."  The slowdown I'm noticing is when waking MyK up from a nap.  ;D
 

· Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, I do have a lot of stuff on my SD card and perhaps that's related as several others here noted the same thing, but i did have most of those things before the upgrade and we're talking seriously slower to wake (3-4 times). I have done a number of soft and hard resets to no avail - it's now way slower since the update. Don't even get me started on what happens if I search now - I might as well run to the store for a few groceries.

I'm curious if this is related to having both a lot of stuff on an SD card (I have over 1500 books on my K1 now between the Kindle and SD card) and the upgraded bios. Those of you who have seen a slowdown - do you have an SD card? And if so do you have say 1000+ things on it?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
12,056 Posts
Sioux, just a suggestion, but you might try putting a different SD card in for a while that doesn't have as many books on it.  That could be a test to see if the 1,000 plus items might be what's bogging it down.
If you do decide to try that, please let us know the results.
Thanks, deb
 

· Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
I've got over 100 pages of content on mine.  (I may have gone a "little" nuts collecting free and bargain books).

The slowness after the update has really been making me nuts. 

I finally got frustrated enough to try the directions for re-indexing last weekend (posted on Amazon--you hook it up to the computer and delete all the index files).  After a week of chewing up the battery (and still being slow), my Kindle finally seems to be returning to preupdate speed.  It's still slow in the content manager, but at least it wakes up and opens books in a fairly reasonable amount of time.

I did delete a bunch of titles that I'd emailed to Amazon for conversion that I figured I'd never read, so that may have been a factor as well.  I also went through and deleted a few duplicates that I had.  This was done just prior to deleting the index files.
 
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top