Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hosting a bar-b-q Sunday,so was off to super wal mart to get stuff this morning at 6am.
Love shopping at that time in the morning virtually no one is there :)
Other than the bar-b-q I am just going to relax and enjoy some down time.
What are your plans?

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
I plan on doing nothing at all. I'm sure will go boating one day, but I'm going to go sit by the pool and read as much as possible. :)

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kathy said:
I plan on doing nothing at all. I'm sure will go boating one day, but I'm going to go sit by the pool and read as much as possible. :)
Nothing at all can be great,and I plan on doing pretty much that myself other than Sunday :)
My boat is barely out of storage lol It hasn't been quite warm enough here yet this year to get out on the lake.Hopefully soon though.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Camping and quad riding with a whole bunch of friends.  One of the couples owns land in the mountains.  Beautiful.  I love the mountains.  Everyone brings tents, campers, motor homes, popups, whatever they have.  We've had 60 or more there at one time.  I don't think that many are coming this weekend.  Gas prices went up again of course.  Stupid oil companies putting a damper on a holiday again.  Anyway, I'm packing my K travel case and plan on sitting by the fire and reading a bunch. 
Hope you all have a great time no matter what you plan to do.
deb

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
drenee said:
Camping and quad riding with a whole bunch of friends. One of the couples owns land in the mountains. Beautiful. I love the mountains. Everyone brings tents, campers, motor homes, popups, whatever they have. We've had 60 or more there at one time. I don't think that many are coming this weekend. Gas prices went up again of course. Stupid oil companies putting a damper on a holiday again. Anyway, I'm packing my K travel case and plan on sitting by the fire and reading a bunch.
Hope you all have a great time no matter what you plan to do.
deb
Oh I love the mountains :)
Yes I noticed right after fishing opener here gas prices went up.I kind of figured once Summer arrived they would go up.
Reading by the fire sounds nice :)

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Rhiathame said:
I start an Alaskan cruise Sunday!
Neat. I hear they are great.

My family always used to go to the cemetary on Memorial Day to clean up the graves, plant new flowers and put flags on the vets graves. Then they would cook up big pots of spaghetti and meatballs over portable stoves while the kids ran around looking for old graves and rolling down the hills.

Fun times. ;D

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
My kids and I will be flying out tonight to Rhode Island to spend the weekend with my husband. Damn Navy keeps trying to take him away from us! So...anyone know what's fun to do in Rhode Island?

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
MAGreen said:
My kids and I will be flying out tonight to Rhode Island to spend the weekend with my husband. Damn Navy keeps trying to take him away from us! So...anyone know what's fun to do in Rhode Island?
Not sure how crowded/busy it will be this weekend, but definitely take a tour of the "summer cottages" (mansions to most of us). If the Naval War College is open or your husband can get you in, it has a nice little museum you can get through in a couple hours. Downtown Newport is nice to walk around in and has many good restaurants. (It's been about 15 years since I was last there, so I can't give any specific recommendations.)

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
Off to a friend's graduation celebration this afternoon (she went back to school at age 45 and just got her Master's).  Two hours in weekend traffic each way for a half-hour ceremony.  

And on the weekend, mostly catching up on all the stuff that didn't get done in the past few weeks because of end-of-semester craziness.  With luck the gorgeous weather will hold and I can do a lot of catching up on the gardening too!

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
We're leaving Phoenix area and driving 2 hours North to stay with friiends for the weekend.  Should be about 20 degrees cooler up there...I can wear Jeans again!
Hope everybody has a great weekend whatever you do.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Hope to get the wave runners out on the lake at least one day. Wind advisories and thunderstorms have prevented us from boating so far this spring.

Of course, we will be grilling and lounging by the pool. Since the niece is graduating the 30th, DD & family won't be coming up for the holiday weekend, so no grandkids this year! :(

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Birthday party tomorrow afternoon, then the first Porch Sitting (neighborhood thing, we descend on someone's house with our lawn chairs and beverages of choice) of the year tomorrow night.... Hoping to see Star Trek either Sunday or Monday.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Rhiathame said:
I start an Alaskan cruise Sunday!
Wow.Alaska is so beautiful :) Enjoy your cruise.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Gertie Kindle 'Turn to Page 390' said:
Neat. I hear they are great.

My family always used to go to the cemetary on Memorial Day to clean up the graves, plant new flowers and put flags on the vets graves. Then they would cook up big pots of spaghetti and meatballs over portable stoves while the kids ran around looking for old graves and rolling down the hills.

Fun times. ;D
Sounds fun.Spaghetti and meatballs..yummers :)

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
MAGreen said:
Awww well have a safe trip and enjoy your time with your Husband.Also thank you for all he does, and all you and your children do as well :)

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
NogDog said:
Not sure how crowded/busy it will be this weekend, but definitely take a tour of the "summer cottages" (mansions to most of us). If the Naval War College is open or your husband can get you in, it has a nice little museum you can get through in a couple hours. Downtown Newport is nice to walk around in and has many good restaurants. (It's been about 15 years since I was last there, so I can't give any specific recommendations.)
Thanks! The Navy College Museum sounds like fun...and I love seeing the "summer cottages"! Just wish I could live in one!

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Susan in VA said:
Off to a friend's graduation celebration this afternoon (she went back to school at age 45 and just got her Master's). Two hours in weekend traffic each way for a half-hour ceremony.

And on the weekend, mostly catching up on all the stuff that didn't get done in the past few weeks because of end-of-semester craziness. With luck the gorgeous weather will hold and I can do a lot of catching up on the gardening too!
Congrats to your friend :)
I need to get out and work on my flower beds as well,it has not been Spring like until the latter part of this week.
Hope the weather holds for you :)

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Cowgirl said:
We're leaving Phoenix area and driving 2 hours North to stay with friiends for the weekend. Should be about 20 degrees cooler up there...I can wear Jeans again!
Hope everybody has a great weekend whatever you do.
You'll be able to wear jeans and I'll be hoping to be able to wear shorts lol
Hope you have a great weekend as well.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Angela said:
Hope to get the wave runners out on the lake at least one day. Wind advisories and thunderstorms have prevented us from boating so far this spring.

Of course, we will be grilling and lounging by the pool. Since the niece is graduating the 30th, DD & family won't be coming up for the holiday weekend, so no grandkids this year! :(
Enjoy the lake,I can;t wait until it is nice enough to get out their myself.
Grilling is fun..I love grilled food :)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts