Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any project managers here?

In my line of work (IT), it is becoming increasingly important for project managers to have a Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.

The PMP credential is governed by the Project Management Institute. (http://www.pmi.org)

Anyway, I just received my PMP certification this past Friday and am very happy to have that.

After being a project manager for quite a few years, it's nice to finally pick up the official credential.

I had studied the PMBOK guide and taken a bootcamp class before the exam, both of which helped a lot.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I'm sure there are at least two.  I remember them from the what do you do for a living thread.

Congratulations Harvey. 

deb

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Congratulations,  Harvey!

We just went through a complete systems overhaul (order management, warehouse management, and inventory systems).  I worked with a couple of project managers from our IT department throughout this process & have been amazed at the skills required to keep a project on task & on-time, and play diplomat also.  It is a difficult job.  I admire people who do that well.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Hey Harvey-

Congrats on the certification.  My other half works for the government (USDA) and he took that certification 2004 and has had it since then.  I remember him studying for it.  After that he got a green belt in Six Sigma certification. And I believe now he's working on a black belt in Six Sigma.

·
Super Moderator
67,325 Posts
Only PMP's here are the ones PiMPing accessories.

;D

Ann

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Ann in Arlington said:

;D

Ann
People who have birthdays very soon should not make fun of the social secretary. ;)

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Congratulations, Harvey! You do all that and still have time to give us a playpen, just amazing.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Congratulations Harvey. It sounds a lot more difficult and time consuming than make it sound. ??? ???

So what accessories will you be PiMPING this week? ;D ;D

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you! I'm thinking now of getting the next step up which is a PgMP - a Program Management Professional. That'll probably be a next-year-or-two thing for me.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Ann in Arlington said:

;D

Ann
LOL... ;D I chuckled when I saw the thread title because my mind saw the word "pimp!" I knew there had to be another explanation! ;)

Congrats, Harvey on your certification. My hubby is a project manager, but doesn't have time to do the certification thing... his company keeps him too busy!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts