Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you all enjoy your new DX's I was wondering...has there been any word on a K3? One that fixes the fading issue and offers the better contrast of the DX? I currently have and love a KK, but all this new Kindle talk is making me wonder...should I get a K2 now (no I don't really need it) or wait a bit to see what's down the road? Any opinions, ideas or suggestions? TIA!

Susie
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,416 Posts
I personally haven't heard any rumors of a K3,however, that can change at anytime as we've all seen.

Just as a matter of opinion.
I bought a K2 as my very 1st Kindle,then about a month later I bought a very gently used K1(used twice apparently).I have to tell you that I kind of prefer my K1.I cannot pinpoint exactly why,and I have been struggling to do so, as I wanted to share my viewpoint with people here on the board.
Not sure how that helps you, or if it even does,but I thought I'd share.
My KDX arrived today,but that was not purchased as a replacement for either of my other 2 Kindles.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As amazing as the DX looks and sounds, I can't justify that price for my use. I don't need the PDF and I'm way past textbook age,  :D  I love my KK but wasn't sure if an "upgrade" to a K2 would be good or not. Maybe it's all the talk of newness...the DX, new Oberons... (insert Jeopardy theme song here). Thanks for your opinion, Sugar. I guess maybe I need an "unenabler" (a disabler?) Do we even HAVE any of those on these boards???:p

Susie
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,392 Posts
A little bird told me that Amazon will be coming out with a new and improved K3 around the holiday season that will have folders and be half the price of the K2.

Just remember the rumor started here, lol.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Forster said:
A little bird told me that Amazon will be coming out with a new and improved K3 around the holiday season that will have folders and be half the price of the K2.
If only that were true!!

Susie
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,392 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,766 Posts
Well, I heard from Jeff himself, that the new Kindle, will have color, glow in the dark, have folders, and only cost $99.99! And the books are free too! And even if it were true, someone would complain!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,392 Posts
MAGreen said:
Well, I heard from Jeff himself, that the new Kindle, will have color, glow in the dark, have folders, and only cost $99.99! And the books are free too! And even if it were true, someone would complain!
Wow! you got way better connections than I do, lol.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
428 Posts
SusieQ, IMHO if you love your K1, stick with it we all know a new version of kindle will always be in the works... Maybe try buying a new skin, or cover for your beloved K1, that could help take the edge off of buying the latest version.  If your happy with what you have, it won't hurt to wait 6 mo. or so just to see what happenes.  Also if a K3 does come out with folders, I'm willing to bet that quite a few people here will be selling their K2's at a discount with Accessories.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bookfiend said:
SusieQ, IMHO if you love your K1, stick with it we all know a new version of kindle will always be in the works... Maybe try buying a new skin, or cover for your beloved K1, that could help take the edge off of buying the latest version. If your happy with what you have, it won't hurt to wait 6 mo. or so just to see what happenes. Also if a K3 does come out with folders, I'm willing to bet that quite a few people here will be selling their K2's at a discount with Accessories.
Finally, a voice of reason!! That is probably exactly what I will do! The reasons I purchased a used KK over a K2 are still there: no added storage ability, and no user replaceable battery (I don't like the idea of being without my Kindle while it ships off to Amazon for a replacement) Thanks, bookfiend!

Susie
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,416 Posts
MAGreen said:
Well, I heard from Jeff himself, that the new Kindle, will have color, glow in the dark, have folders, and only cost $99.99! And the books are free too! And even if it were true, someone would complain!
lol That is so true.
Complainers always seem to find something to complain about no matter what.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,416 Posts
ElLector said:
Uhmm...should we start rumors about the K4 already? Or am I a little too early? :p
Wait for about 4-6 weeks and then start the K4 rumor, have to give the K3 rumors a bit of a chance to stir things up before unleashing the K4 rumor lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
514 Posts
SusieQ said:
As you all enjoy your new DX's I was wondering...has there been any word on a K3? One that fixes the fading issue and offers the better contrast of the DX? I currently have and love a KK, but all this new Kindle talk is making me wonder...should I get a K2 now (no I don't really need it) or wait a bit to see what's down the road? Any opinions, ideas or suggestions? TIA!

Susie
Susie, I just recently purchased a K2 after having a K1. I love my K1 and didn't plan on upgrading, but did because I wanted my two older (still at home) children to have a Kindle. I haven't had any fading issues at all, and the contrast is just as good (and the font looks pretty much the same) as my K1. I don't need to install any font hacks, like I was expecting. If those are the only two reasons holding you back, then I think the problems have been fixed (at least it was with my K2).

However, the K1 is perfectly fine and if I didn't want one for my children, I would still be using my K1. I will say, though, that it's the little things added up that make me appreciate the K2, and I prefer it over the K1. (I described them in my Comparing K2 to K1 message posted a few days ago.)

I hope this helps!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
710 Posts
That's what I was wondering when I got the KDX. Is a K3 on the horizon? I was planning to get a Kindle anyway, but at the time, I was having a hard time deciding between a K2 and a KDX. I mean really, the KDX is just a new and improved version of the K2. If a K3 comes out, I'm not sure what I'll do. I wouldn't be able to justify another Kindle purchase after just getting almost a $500 device. Most likely, I won't get it, but I hope that Amazon is thinking of the other Kindles and adds features to the other ones. Such as folders - it would be SO nice. But one can only hope and cross their fingers.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
67,245 Posts
I don't think we'll see a K3 substantially different from the K2 any time soon.  But I won't be surprised if, at some point, they offer a K2+ that's just like the K2 but with a bigger memory.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,527 Posts
they will probably just announce K3 for the holidays this year to boost 4th quarter performance.  They probably have no need to hurry it up now. 
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
710 Posts
kevindorsey said:
they will probably just announce K3 for the holidays this year to boost 4th quarter performance. They probably have no need to hurry it up now.
That's probably true. Haha. They'll have it released in the summer again. :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43,324 Posts
Forster said:
A little bird told me that Amazon will be coming out with a new and improved K3 around the holiday season that will have folders and be half the price of the K2.

Just remember the rumor started here, lol.
Yes, but will it make coffee?
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top