Kindle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any suggestions for a protective case that would completely cover K2 with the Amazon cover on? Since the Amazon black leather cover is hinged, I would hate to detach it every single time I was wanted to take it in/out of my tote bag, purse, etc. I'm not at all crafty, so something self-made is out of the question ;) Thanks!

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Vicki.  I didn't know the Borsa Bella covers fit with the covers on.  I'll go check them out.  Are they sufficiently padded to truly protect the K2?

·
Registered
392 Posts
The Waterfield large slip cases fit the K2 with the Amazon cover on. They are good, extra protection for your Kindle and very well made.

http://www.sfbags.com

·
Registered
377 Posts
These Belkin cases are available at Target. I got the black quilted one (took the strap off) - perfect fit for the K2 w/Amazon cover.
Prices are about $20 for quilted, about $13 for neoprene.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Both of these cases look really nice.  The Belkin would be preferred due to the lesser price.

Gwen -- Is the quilted version more padded/protective than the Neoprene in your opinion or is it just a design preference?  I did check and my local Target carries both.

Wilson -- If I want the most protection with the Waterfield cover, wouldn't I want the travel bag if I already have the Amazon cover?  What is the difference between their sleeve and their travel bag?

Thanks. :)

·
Registered
377 Posts
libro said:
Both of these cases look really nice. The Belkin would be preferred due to the lesser price.

Gwen -- Did you purchase yours directly at a Target store or online? Is the guilted version more padded/protective than the Neoprene in your opinion or is it just a design preference?

Wilson -- If I want the most protection with the Waterfield cover, wouldn't I want the travel bag if I already have the Amazon cover? What is the difference between their sleeve and their travel bag?

I bought mine at my local Target. I can't find them on the Target website. I think Belkin might sell them on their own website but the prices are slightly higher.
I chose the quilted one for the exact reasons you are asking about - the quilted version seems to have more interior padding/structure than the neoprene. I originally liked the look of the neoprene better, but really do prefer the quilted look now. They are priced very well and really fit the K2/Amazon cover perfectly. BTW, they do come in other colors. I prefer black.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, Gwen.  The price is right and I'll feel better with the complete coverage.  I didn't see them on the Target website, but our store has them in stock.  I appreciate the recommendation :)

·
Registered
377 Posts
libro said:
Thanks, Gwen. The price is right and I'll feel better with the complete coverage. I didn't see them on the Target website, but our store has them in stock. I appreciate the recommendation :)
You're welcome. I wouldn't have known about them if another board member hadn't posted about theirs. That's why I love KindleBoards! :)

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Luv....Should have known you were at the heart of this!  When are you going to start getting commissions....no joke!  I just came back from buying the pink/purple!  Thanks :)

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
LOL! See my signature....ENABLER, that's me! I have this thing for trying out cases and covers.

This is actually one of the best cases I have found. Pink is the one I have. It goes great with the Purple Oberon. I'm not crazy about the strap and never use it, but love the case. I just toss it in my purse. My daughter has the blue one and does use the strap. She uses hers with her sapphire blue M-Edge.

I also love that it has a top zipper. It fits better in some of my purses that way.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's just perfect!  If I do get an Oberon (on my wish list), it will definitely be in a purple color, so I'm set there!  I didn't think of terms of a future Oberon when I purchased it, so I'm lucky.  Then again, I do like the fern green Oberons....and pink and green?  Well, I'll cross that bridge when and if it comes!  :)

·
Registered
392 Posts
libro said:
Both of these cases look really nice. The Belkin would be preferred due to the lesser price.

Gwen -- Is the quilted version more padded/protective than the Neoprene in your opinion or is it just a design preference? I did check and my local Target carries both.

Wilson -- If I want the most protection with the Waterfield cover, wouldn't I want the travel bag if I already have the Amazon cover? What is the difference between their sleeve and their travel bag?

Glad you found a great cover! The WF travel bag is bigger and holds supplies and stuff too - not just the kindle.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts