Kindle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if the Book Cave Promo is worth it - listed a price of $30. Not likely read yet for this as I have no read through yet really :) But wondering for the future!

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
I got almost 500 downloads first time around, but a repeat (same book, cover, blurb, etc) 3 months later only netted 220.

Perma-free book.

I also did a promo on a 99c title which paid for itself, but for some reason I didn't note down the sales figures.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I did a promo with them back when it was free - and before they demanded 10 reviews even for a new release.  :eek: For a free promo it was really good at the time. Don't know if they're worth 30$ these days, though.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I did one on 9 Jul for a UK legal thriller, same day as a BookRunes promo. Total sales from both for that day was 19 (Book was reduced to 99c) so in my case probably not worth it.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I did one in Feb of 2017 on a sci-fi/mystery title - cost $20. The book was priced at 99 cents and didn't feel it brought in many sales at all. I think they just put my book up on their website for a week with no newsletter that wen't out. It was hard to judge if it did anything at all.

I keep considering trying them again for a fantasy title, but keep talking myself out of it. I don't expect much, but they've grown since last year and the book I promoted was a hard sell, anyway.

I'm just struggling with paid NL advertising services because there are very few left that produce nice results. If they pay for themselves, I'm happy.

·
Registered
255 Posts
In January I did a Book Cave along with BKbnights (Countdown .99) and made 18 sales.
In April I did a Countdown promo with them (.99) along with Books Barbarian, and got 35 sales. I'm pretty sure most of those were from BB, as it's quite popular.  Also the previous day I had a Robin Reads, and the tail of that may have accounted for some, too.
Not great, not terrible results.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yikes. Maybe this ENT Book of the Day ($60):https://ereadernewstoday.com/book-of-the-day/ will eventually be a better choice. I have no reviews (well, like 2 lol)... so I think Book Cave is out until they are up!

·
Registered
352 Posts
KD Ritchie said:
Yikes. Maybe this ENT Book of the Day ($60):https://ereadernewstoday.com/book-of-the-day/ will eventually be a better choice. I have no reviews (well, like 2 lol)... so I think Book Cave is out until they are up!
I have a promo tomorrow for a 0.99 techno thriller with them. ENT has given me poor results at times (though this place acts as if they're BookBub 2.0 sometimes), so its's all YMMV. I'll report back if the Book Cave promo is amazing.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I think it depends on genre. I've write mysteries and use ENT a lot, and have always gotten good results.

Regarding My Book Cave, I'd used them a few years back, well before they jacked up their prices. Unless they've also jacked up their email list too, I would say $30 is way too expensive for what you get.

·
Registered
255 Posts
KD Ritchie said:
Hi KD, ENT has always done well for me (over 100 sales), but Cave results were not great. It may depend on the genre. I find that Bargain Booksy is a great deal at $35. I usually get 50-60 sales.

Good Luck. Give us your results, please ( if you book a promo) :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts