Kindle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, Amazon said the platform was down for scheduled maintenance, and now all I get is a blank page with the number 500 in one corner. The book I was trying to re-upload says "continue setup."
Marti's Books

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just got a note from Amazon saying they are aware of the problem and are fixing it. You might want to wait if you're thinking of uploading just now. I'll let you know when the problem is solved.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Still not fixed this morning.

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
Mine didn't work yesterday for some hours from Portugal. By the time I got a reply from Amazon, some hours later I had already managed to upload.

Today, I went in to change prices on three books. 2 worked, but the third stayed in "continue to set up." I did so and it cleared the 2nd time.

Yesterday it was reported that Worldwide many sites were down including Amazon. Maybe when the web sites were repaired, some servers still had problems? I hope it works for you soon...

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine didn't work yesterday for some hours from Portugal. By the time I got a reply from Amazon, some hours later I had already managed to upload.

Today, I went in to change prices on three books. 2 worked, but the third stayed in "continue to set up." I did so and it cleared the 2nd time.

Yesterday it was reported that Worldwide many sites were down including Amazon. Maybe when the web sites were repaired, some servers still had problems? I hope it works for you soon...
At least I'm not the only one. I emailed them again just now, but haven't gotten a reply. In the past, this usually happens when they introduce something new. Hopefully it will get fixed soon. By the way, they're looking to hire more technicians. They always are.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I need to fix some errors in the book I'm trying to upload, and it's driving me crazy that I can't. I now have another book, a paperback version that has reverted to "continue setup" although the paperback is on sale. Just venting.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Still down this morning, reviewers are having trouble getting their reviews posted, and who knows what else isn't going smoothly. Another email from Amazon this morning said they're still working on it. It seems to me I saw something at the beginning of the week about part of the cloud going down. That could be the problem.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about it Marti. I wonder if there's a glitch and once it's glitched it's stuck?

My box set published yesterday. The only difference with mine could be that I had the box set sitting ready to be published for a month, so it may have gone through a full review already. The paperback and ebook were paired in a few hours. I'm used to that taking days to 1-2weeks. Hope you get yours published today.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I uploaded a book today. All fine until I hit publish and a message appeared saying that function wasn't available but they were aware of the problem and working to fix it. That said, the book I uploaded is sitting on my bookshelf as normal, 'in review.' I guess I'll know there's a problem if it's still in review in a few days.

There were some changes I hadn't seen when I last published 2 months ago. A new text box for the blurb on the ebook details page and a 'select which market you'll sell most books in' box on the pricing page plus some layout changes to the actual pricing box. The changes on the pricing page were marked with little red 'new' banners. If they're rolling that out, it could be causing problems and delays with other things.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I uploaded a book today. All fine until I hit publish and a message appeared saying that function wasn't available but they were aware of the problem and working to fix it. That said, the book I uploaded is sitting on my bookshelf as normal, 'in review.' I guess I'll know there's a problem if it's still in review in a few days.

There were some changes I hadn't seen when I last published 2 months ago. A new text box for the blurb on the ebook details page and a 'select which market you'll sell most books in' box on the pricing page plus some layout changes to the actual pricing box. The changes on the pricing page were marked with little red 'new' banners. If they're rolling that out, it could be causing problems and delays with other things.
I noticed those too and I think you're right. It usually doesn't take that long to get it all fixed. Still hanging in there.

·
Registered
475 Posts

Oh goody. The Amazon code monkeys are messing things up again. It takes a special kind of idiot to take perfectly functioning code and improve it until things no longer work, and Amazon seems to have cornered the market on special idiots.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I noticed those too and I think you're right. It usually doesn't take that long to get it all fixed. Still hanging in there.
Despite the error message when uploading yesterday, my book published as normal today. That's a good sign. Hopefully it means things get sorted for you soon, Marti.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Despite the error message when uploading yesterday, my book published as normal today. That's a good sign. Hopefully it means things get sorted for you soon, Marti.
That's great. Mine is still stuck, but you are giving me hope. I was about to say they probably fired the only guy who knew how to fix it.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Update, still not working. Sigh...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts