Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove *very slowly* past a Fry's Electronics store - while on extended layover in L.A. - but resisted the urge to go inside.

Anybody snag any good deals today?

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Heck no. I never left the house. I made turkey gravy and a cranberry-quince compote. We are doing the family Thanksgiving tomorrow night....

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
my mom got a 79 dollar web cam for 9 bucks. we are continuing our shopping tomorrow...sigh. The kids I used to babysit don't require a sitter to watch them when they are left home alone, so I got dragged out of bed a couple of hours earlier than usual. Luckily my mom didn't drag us out early EARLY in the morning. Got dragged out of bed at nine in the morning. Need to charge my kindle for my mom's shopping.

·
Registered
325 Posts
We went tool shopping in Lowe's today at about 11 a.m. It was pretty calm. We got a shop vac and some assorted tools. That was it for us. :)

I just read that two people shot eachother in our local Toys 'R Us. It's a good thing we didn't go there!

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Seriously.  It had me shaking my head.  What is wrong with people?  Serious Black Friday madness.  (Or, as Whoopi called it, African-American madness.)

Betsy

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Yes, I stayed home and had a nice, quiet day of Kindleboarding, Kindle reading and a long nap in the afternoon.

I may try to get my son to go to Staples with me today to buy 2 cases of paper. That way, I don't have to lift them. The paper is for the office, not Christmas.

L

·
Registered
300 Posts
No Black Friday for me.
My Christmas shopping is 95% done. I plan to start wrapping today so once I get the tree up I'll have packages to go under it.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I hunkered down here at home. I live in a quiet subdivision that is 2 miles from a huge shoppping mall.  I read in this morning paper of bad collision at the intersection where I exit the subdivision to go to grocery or onto the main drag.

·
Registered
125 Posts
We did venture out to the mall in the afternoon just to see what things were like...and I was really surprised at how empty it was.  There were people...but not tons...and no one was really carrying too many bags.  We didn't buy anything (other than Starbucks).  Doesn't look too good for stores this year other than maybe Walmart.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I also stayed home. It was beautiful here in the ATL yesterday, nice and sunny and warm. Took the dog for a long walk, then caught up on magazine reading (People en espanol, Consumer Reports, and Fortune had been piling up for a while!). Later, I read "The Warden" by Anthony Trollope on my Kindle, while the dog slept next to me and the cat slept on me. All in all, a very nice day. Too nice to ruin by going out shopping!

Today it's cold and rainy, so I will stay home and read again!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Had to go to WalMart and Office Depot to get a few things for my Mom.  Went late in the morning and the stores were almost empty. I did get a 8gb SD card for next to nothing.

·
Registered
12,250 Posts
You couldn't pay me enough to go out on a Black Friday. I hate shopping as it is. I cannot stand the crowds. I been to the mall here once or twice years ago. I am so not a mall person.  :D

·
Registered
426 Posts
ummm....I did.  :)

I hit the stores like a swat team at 5:30, armed with all the sales flyers and a list.  This is the first year I did it.  I'm determined that any gifts I buy this year will be on sale.  My day went pretty quick and I thought everyone shopping was pretty civilized.  I'll shop for the rest online, through Cyber Monday.  ;D

·
Registered
1,079 Posts

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
We did venture out in the rain to meet Larry's brother and family at a local Mexican restaurant for lunch. No one wanted to cook or eat leftovers! We took the back roads into town to avoid the mall and walmart traffic. Had a great time!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts