Kindle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Suddenly, all the archived campaigns showed up among my active AMS ads and I can't get rid of them. I have three active ads, but only two show up. Amazon suggested I start three new campaigns, but that won't get rid of the archived campaigns. The archived campaigns won't even let me click on them, nor can I take a print screen or copy and paste to show Amazon what's wrong. Is it possible to cancel that account and set up a new one?

What a mess.
Marti

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Did you accidentally change the filter?

Choose Filter By and set it to Active Status

Filtering buttons will appear in a row above that. (Which is counterintuitive, but whatev...)

The top left one should say Active Status, the one next to it should be set to Enabled, and then press the Apply one next to it. All the paused and archived ones should be hidden.

The reason they don't let you delete archived campaigns is because it breaks all your historical data based on those campaigns. It's valuable to keep them available but behind the scenes. It's universally done this way (in my experience) in the various ad platforms.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
J. Tanner said:
Did you accidentally change the filter?

Choose Filter By and set it to Active Status

Filtering buttons will appear in a row above that. (Which is counterintuitive, but whatev...)

The top left one should say Active Status, the one next to it should be set to Enabled, and then press the Apply one next to it. All the paused and archived ones should be hidden.

The reason they don't let you delete archived campaigns is because it breaks all your historical data based on those campaigns. It's valuable to keep them available but behind the scenes. It's universally done this way (in my experience) in the various ad platforms.
IT WORKED! Thank you so much!

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
You can also select all (there's a checkbox for this) and move the selected campaigns into a portfolio. Then watch that portfolio instead of all campaigns. (Handy if you pause a campaign and it immediately vanishes into 100+ other paused campaigns.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts