Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It may just be because I have gone thru a few cycles of charging, but I have noticed a much improved battery life over the last week.

·
Super Moderator
67,324 Posts
I did hear rumors that the battery usage management was one of the things it was supposed to help with. . . .plus, you're probably mostly indexed by now.  If you download a bunch of stuff at one time, you'll probably notice some faster drainage while that happens.

Ann

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Here's a dumb question: How do I found out if I've gotten the update?

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
I downloaded 3 more books yesterday, so I'm sure the K2 was working on indexing those.  Still, I've seen a pretty noticeable difference in battery life since the update came through.  I'm keeping an eye on it this weekend through some heavy reading to see if the trend continues.

·
Registered
61 Posts
akjak said:
Here's a dumb question: How do I found out if I've gotten the update?
Assuming you have a K2 (I don't have a K1), go to the Home screen, then hit the Menu button, then go to Settings & at the bottom of the Settings screen it will tell you what version of the software you have.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
purdueav8r said:
Assuming you have a K2 (I don't have a K1), go to the Home screen, then hit the Menu button, then go to Settings & at the bottom of the Settings screen it will tell you what version of the software you have.
Same on the K1
No dumb questions, only dumb answerers, sometimes. ;)

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Bruinboy said:
As Akjak said ... and you will see Kindle 2.01 instead of Kindle 2.0
Kindle1.2 on the Klassic

1 - 9 of 9 Posts