Kindle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wordle (http://www.wordle.net) creates graphical word clouds, based on either words you enter, or you can point it to a blog. Here's what gets produced from our KB blog:

·
Registered
677 Posts
Wordle is a neat program to play with. I used it in putting together a poster presentation for a conference. I used the responses to the comments section of an online survey. It was a great conversation starter at the conference.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
My daughter just told me about Wordle.  She found out about it from a teaching newsletter recently.

She is using it for vocabulary words for her second grade class.  And some things that the kids write, but she has to key them in.  I think the site isn't approved for schools because some people could have posted inappropriate words.

Her kids are really excited about the the pages she has printed from that.  They are going to post the kid's writings on their bulletin board.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
NYCKindleFan said:
Just take a screenshot. That's what I did and it worked great!
That is what I ended up doing. I then pasted it in Word and cropped the picture, copied it, saved it in Paint and saved as a jpeg. There may be an easier way, but all my software for doing that type of stuff is on my PC (I was using my laptop) and my PC is on the network and Larry's firewall won't let me create in Wordle... whew! Anyway, I got what I wanted, just took a bit of maneuvering to do it!

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I let my 9 yr old great nephew play with Wordle this week.  He loved it.  We just printed his creation.  No idea how to save it to computer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts