Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know how to do the spoiler blackout so I won't spill the beans about what happened but...Wasn't that the saddest ending.  I'm not a crier but I cried my eyes out!  I hope next year they get a few new characters that bring back some of the excitement of this episode and past seasons. 

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Bawled like a baby!!  I've yet to miss an episode of Grey's.  The show is amazing.  All the odd medical stuff that happens (and seems far fetcfhed) is all true.  I watched a show a bit ago that said everything has happened at least once somewhere in the world, medically. 

Which male do you think is hottest?  I thought Denny.  I think that is why they kept bringing him back because of the female fan base.

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
Weeping. Love all the hunks. Christine is my favorite character.

Recorded it on the DVR 'cause I knew I'd want to watch it again. Maybe will tonight. Was delighted to see an actor from my other favorite show, Friday Night Lights, playing the Army amputee.

How many knew that the bus guy was George?

(To do spoiler text, when typing your post, look at the row of icons above the smileys, starts with B I U S. Fourth from the end is an icon that says SP, with the P in white against a black background. You can either highlight the text you want to spoiler block, and click the icon, or click the icon and type between the tags. Your text will look like this when you type it:
Code:
[spoiler]this is text with spoiler block applied[/spoiler]
and like this when posted:
this is text with spoiler block applied
.)

Try it!

Betsy

·
Registered
383 Posts
So glad you started this thread Cowgirl!
When I went to bed last night, I was going crazy and wanted to talk to someone about it!
I
was pretty sure George and Izzy were leaving the show but...NEVER expected both of them to leave that way!!
I thought I had seen every episode, but totally missed the 007 handshake thing. Was that from the first episode or something?

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mom of 4...I also must have missed the 007 handshake. Maybe they never showed the handshake in a previous episode and just put it in so
Merridith would know it was George before the audience knew
. I'll have to ask my daughter if she remembers an episode with that handshake. She catches some things that I don't.
Remember when Izzy said when you die you see your soulmate...I assumed it would be Denny when the doors opened but George was her true soulmate

·
Registered
701 Posts
Regarding the hand shake ----->
There was no handshake. George was trying to write something earlier in the day. He was not able to do it then or with a pen the second time. He used his finger to spell out 0 0 7 in Mer's hand.... If you recall, he was given the nickname of 007 back in Season 1. Alex referred to him as 007 when they talked about him joining the Army to refresh the viewers memory so we would get it before she yelled out "It's George!".
<-----

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
The 007 and handshake thing goes back to the first episodes:  George is picked to be the first intern to do a surgery and they take bets on how long he takes to botch it.  Here is the rundown: (taken from google)

In the first episode of the series, Burke chose George to do a procedure, an appendectomy. When inverting the stump, george pulled to hard on the strings and wound up tearing the tstrings and making the area around the appendix contaminated. Burke had to step in before the patient went septic and possibly died. Up in the gallery, all the other interns were betting on how long George would last before he had to ask for help. Meredith had george's side but Christina was a nay sayer. When the strings tore she labeled him "007". Alex filled in "Licensed to kill". It relates to the fact that all doctors have to have a license to practice medicine. It also relates to James bond but only in so far as it uses the tagline "Licensed to kill". Meredith brought it up probably because she forgot who came up with the label. After all, this season Meredith did have George do her appendix thus overcoming his nickname.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
I cried like a baby... :'( :'(

I had no idea that
the bus guy was George! I don't want George and Izzy to be gone! I still think there is hope that one of them makes it back...

This week has been too much... first Lost and now Grey's!!

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't remember anything about the 007 so thanks for clearly that up!!! Yah it was a good week for finale's. 
Now I can get back to reading because until at least the end of September and January for the Lost fans, there will only be reruns and reality shows.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Cowgirl said:
I don't remember anything about the 007 so thanks for clearly that up!!! Yah it was a good week for finale's.
Now I can get back to reading because until at least the end of September and January for the Lost fans, there will only be reruns and reality shows.
Yes, lots of time now for reading!! ;D

·
Registered
139 Posts
I was watching last night, my husband passes through the living room, looks at me in tears, shakes his head and walks on.  He knew better than to ask!  :D

Oh, and McSteamy definitely has my vote for hottest guy!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hubby and I both balled. Me, for a good 15 minutes.

Grey's has been my favorite show since it aired. It even replaced ER. It kills me to stay up so late I know 9 central isn't too late, but when you're up at 2:30 to go to work it's a killer!

Oh and I blame George on the Chief. He's the one who let him go home early.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I guessed that it was George when he was trying to write the first time...

Plus, they showed everybody but George when they all were talking!  It will be interesting to see where Shonda takes this storyline.  Patrick did say when he was on The View that they all had 2 year contracts which leads me to believe that neither will die, even if they come back as ghosts...

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Absolutely AMAZING episode. I just started watching it this season because my sister stayed by me a few months and got me hooked.
I did not see Joe Doe as George coming AT ALL, and my jaw dropped to the floor when it happened.
And the ending
with George and Izzie in the "elevator"
was breathtakingly beautiful.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.